Who is allowed to extend your existing VISA?

Assume that you have a valid VISA/Visa extension and you are forced to go back to your home country for a surgery.
You surgery, or the revalidation period, takes longer as the date of your next VISA extension.
Can you ask for a visa extension in your country or by post in this case (Medical urgency)?

No, no can do.

You can't apply for an extension if you are not in-country. At some point in the process you will have to present yourself at the immigration office

Plus the new stamp has to be put in the passport.

Unless there is some 'one-off, special consideration understanding', it's not possible.

Edited by rwilem
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Krabi King said:

If he's abroad he'd have an exit stamp in his passport. Makes it kind of clear that no extension could be given I'd say.

I would also have a valid "Reentry" stamp in my passport and the Reentry stamp remains valable until entering Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

I Heard of people get a visa extension without going to immigration.and no money in bank.. so why not.

Clearly you have no idea of how visas and stamps etc work.

As already mentioned by others.

Nothing an agent can do for the OP. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 2/20/2023 at 5:31 PM, Confuscious said:

I would also have a valid "Reentry" stamp in my passport and the Reentry stamp remains valable until entering Thailand.

The re-entry permit would expire on the same date as the visa/visa extension expires. 

On 2/20/2023 at 10:17 AM, Confuscious said:

Can you ask for a visa extension in your country or by post in this case (Medical urgency)?

The only thing you can ask for in your home country is a fresh real genuine McCoy non-immigrant visa (as opposed to one masquerading as an extension of stay) from the local Thai embassy!