K1 ( USA Fiancé visa)Filipina (living in Thailand)

The K1 visa process seems rather simple to do in terms of filling out the paperwork, and getting the various requirements. I would like to pay someone who has extensive experience to have a second look at the forms which need to be submitted. (It’s a 2 step process, first the benefactor – the American in this case–submits one form, then the beneficiary–the foreign spouse—gets an appointment as their (her) nearest embassy).

There are a bunch of agencies and attorneys which offer this service, but which have a very good idea of how things are playing out currently stateside (us) and in Thailand, in terms of both speeding up processing, and what slight changes or additions to the documents submitted may be recommended. E.g. are the delays so extensive should I say seek a letter from an elected official?--possible for me but not easy. Any suggestions on who (any location) to talk to / pay for to look at the forms and give advice? (Note: We have both been living together in Thailand for 3 years). Thanks. 

k1.png

• 3 weeks later...

There are many 'agents' who would like to help you, but often they know nothing, and don't let any of them tell you they have special access. Any one them that tell you that RUN!

Now the whole K1 process is different to real immigration, ie a CR1 or CR2

You'll need to prove intent to marry and that will be within 90 days.

As part of the process you will ned to provide financial responsibly for the fiance and you'll be on the hook for that.

When in the US you apply for an adjustment of status. It's only after that is approved she can work, get a drivers license etc

My wife has a friend who has been here for four years and didn't do all the upfront due diligence still doesn't have her green card

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1