Refrigerator Engineer

Oink

Anyone know of a good refrigerator engineer. I have what was an expensive Samsung wine cooler.

The Samsung service engineers replaced the MPCB and compressor but now say the problem is with the thermostats, which are no longer available. I cannot belive that the thermostats are unique to this particular model (more likely, they do not know what they are doing and make up an excuse to get out the door).

I am hoping that someone who understands how these things work may be able to fix it.

Thanks

Oink

We use a pretty good aircon guy who also is not bad with electrics. 

He has a shop on the corner of Tapprasit road and going left to the beach. Has a phone number in the window with airconditioners.

He was going to vacate the shop and just work from home as mainly very busy with just return customers. Nice guy.

If you can't find him, PM me and I'll find his phone number.

1 hour ago, Oink said:

I have what was an expensive Samsung wine cooler.

Which would not be a normal sales item in Thailand so expect if thermostats are available they would have to be special ordered from abroad.  Know that was the case for a Samsung refrigerator we have.  A wine cooler would be much less likely to have parts available.  That said finding a good refrigerator repair shop who might be able to Rube Goldberg something might work.

51 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Thermostats are available on Lazada, 'Thermostat Switch for refrigerator' Quite a few different ones available. 

the temperature range of a fridge vs a wine cooler is different. While a regular fridge will typically have a temperature range of 40°F or lower a wine fridge will have a range between 45°F and 65°F. In addition wine coolers are available with single, dual or multi zone temperature options

• Thumbs Up 1

Recently I have been very happy with S.P. Service on Naklua Road.
They picked up my about 12 yo, broken refrigerator and lented a spare refrigerator for the repair time. After 4 days me refrigerator came back repaired. Total price 2,150 THB.

Kindly PM me for phone numbers or is it appropriate to post them?

2 hours ago, kdrayong said:

Recently I have been very happy with S.P. Service on Naklua Road.
They picked up my about 12 yo, broken refrigerator and lented a spare refrigerator for the repair time. After 4 days me refrigerator came back repaired. Total price 2,150 THB.

Kindly PM me for phone numbers or is it appropriate to post them?

It is fine to post such information as may also help other forum readers.

• Like 1