Donald Trump says officials 'indifferent' after Ohio train derailment

Scott

image.png

Former US President Donald Trump has accused federal officials of "indifference" to an Ohio town that is reeling from a toxic train derailment.

On a visit to East Palestine, Mr Trump claimed his presence had spurred the Biden administration to devote more resources to this month's crash.

Local residents have expressed frustration at what they saw as a lack of answers from officials.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64736679

BBC.jpg

12 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Good on Ya Mr. Trump, lets hope this is a wake up call for Biden and his party. He is even sending bottled water there from all his hotels and passing out those MAGA hats which everyone loves so much.

Spot on my friend and More importantly it is a political win for 45 efforts and America First supporters to regain control over the WH,come 2024 . Any time 45 can shame  the biden divider,is a win for us imop.

Thomas Gift, founding director of the Centre on U.S. Politics, University College London, U.K., told Newsweek on Saturday that the Biden administration's approach to the East Palestine derailment could have major political implications.

"Criticism of Biden's flat-footed response to the Ohio tragedy is well-deserved," Gift said. "Even if just as a symbolic show of support, the fact that it took a senior administration official roughly two weeks to visit the site isn't excusable given the scale and magnitude of the incident."

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-has-handed-donald-trump-huge-win-ohio-response-1782185

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Just who deregulated these robber barons?who gutted the epa?let’s see let me think for 1\2 of a nano second why yes it was trump I believe yup that’s  it!bottom line trump is desperately trying to keep his failing campaign afloat it’s as dead as the fish in the creeks of Palestine Ohio.Does any rational person think trump gives a hoot about the environment?really?Now I know the republicans are desperate to discredit President Biden saying that it was more important to go to Palestine Ohio and disrupt the clean up efforts instead of going to a war zone and shoring up freedom and democracy throughout the world really?come on you gotta do better than that!

When asked during his visit about criticisms that he had rolled back rail safety standards, Trump replied, “I had nothing to do with that,” ????

https://news.yahoo.com/ntsb-crew-tried-to-stop-train-before-east-palestine-derailment-161726556.html

• Like 2