Bangkok Taxi Story.

dddave

That's great, good to read.   What is really odd, though, is that normally this type of report about an honest Bangkok taxi driver and hotel employee would be net with derision and contempt by Thaivisa members as being fabricated and unbelievable and purely intended to balance out less positive reports.   I wonder what's so different this time?

• Haha 1

You have good people and you have bad people. There are far more good people than bad ones. However, most people take good ones for granted, and complain about the bad ones, resulting in mostly only the bad ones getting the air time.

I have had some very positive stories about the taxi drivers. Most are great, hard working, honest people.

A few are rotten <deleted>, who can be found near tourist spots, malls, etc. parked and waiting for that one person to cover their entire day. Most are easily avoidable.

8 hours ago, timendres said:

Two weeks ago I was walking home. I recently developed a corn on my little toe, so walking can get painful after a km or so. As I was (clearly, but not overly) hobbling along, a taxi pulled up alongside me. He rolled down his window and offered a ride. I explained that I lived just 200m up the road, and would walk. "Free" he said, repeating it twice. I accepted, and had a nice chat for the 200m ride. A genuinely nice person who I think could see I was having a tough time walking and decided to relieve me of that pain.

The same happened to me once,  too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Left my laptop at Suvarnabhumi. Didn’t discover it missing until the next morning. Now what are the chances of getting that back? When to lost and found and surprisingly it was there. Found by an airport employee. I tried to give a reward but was told no need. 

There are way more honest people here then one would believe after reading ASEAN Now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

time was when arrivals at don muang used to get their throats cut by renegade taxi drivers ,,,70s to 80s period.

First visited Thailand in 1961, lived and worked here from 1983-87, retired here in 1993. I remember only one report of such an event.