Extremely annoying pop-up on Ipad

rudi49jr

I read Aseannow on my Ipad and for about two months now, these extremely annoying pop-up video ads keep appearing in the lower right hand corner. After five seconds, you can click it away, but then ten seconds later it appears again. And again. And again. I have installed AdGuard, but that doesn’t seem to help.

Anyone has any idea how tho get rid of this pop-up?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For android:

Install firefox browser and then install some of their addons or,

Install Brave browser and adjust in privacy settings.

Install mull browser (fork of firefox) from fdroid

Install firefox fennec (fork of firefox) from fdroid

For Ipad I don't know, maybe also set "next DNS" as default for the proxy access in the browser network settings?

Edited by userabcd

I started using the Brave Browser on iPad and iPhone because of this annoying video. Cleared it immediately, still get the occasional pop up reminder about the newsletter ( despite having subscribed ) but the bottom right hand video annoyance is a thing of the past !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a work ipad that is terrible for this site. It's not just the ads themselves but it jumps around as it adds more and more ads. You go to pick something and you pick something else because of the constant jittering around. Or you touch something on the side and takes you to some horrible google sponsor site. Pretty much unuseable. On my laptop no ads at all. 

I don't even really understand how people make any money through ads.  They look awful and I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy the products or trust the websites.

I clicked one once out of curiosity about the product, but it turned out to not really be the actual product from the ad and it was a bit of a wild goose chase.

I wonder if there is something else to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:

The yellow pop up is infuriating on an iPad. Also irritating on an iPhone but it can be clicked off fairly instantly. Unlike the iPad where it’s like The Alien: just when you think it’s gone it comes back ????

This thread will probably get closed soon because we’re not meant to criticise the mechanics of this website ????

Not sure if this would work for stopping the yellow pop up. Opening a free Hotmail or Gmail account just for the purpose of signing up for the newsletter.

Then forget about it.

We really shouldn’t have to resort to such measures.

A mere not interested thanks should be enough to prevent these repeated pop ups.

Edited by phetphet

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:

This thread will probably get closed soon because we’re not meant to criticise the mechanics of this website ????

Come on.  They're not that bad here.

I feel we should at least be able to acknowledge that [redacted by moderators].  And I've always though that the moderation team need to [redacted by moderators], at least when it comes to [redacted by moderators].

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

For android:

Install firefox browser and then install some of their addons or,

Install Brave browser and adjust in privacy settings.

Install mull browser (fork of firefox) from fdroid

Install firefox fennec (fork of firefox) from fdroid

For Ipad I don't know, maybe also set "next DNS" as default for the proxy access in the browser network settings?

You know that discussing how to block advertisers contravenes the forum rules?...you know that forum that you pay nothing for that gives you free entertainment and information.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Where did I say anything about ads? I was talking about the constant yellow pop up asking if we want to sign up for a newsletter..

Don't see the point in an annoying pop-up. On every page there's a 'Newsletter' link on the menu bar should I happen to change my mind.