Italy’s referees punish more dark-skinned footballers than light

Scott

50 minutes ago, steve187 said:

maybe they are the ones committing the offences

36 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Must be racism by the refs? I wonder if any refs were themselves "dark skinned"?, that would throw a proper spanner into the narrative. The sensible solution here is to stop giving yellow or red cards to "dark skinned" players for a year and see how it goes. 

I hope it's the case that neither of you actually read the article. Otherwise you would know that your questions were accounted for in the article.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I hope it's the case that neither of you actually read the article. Otherwise you would know that your questions were accounted for in the article.

don't read the guardian. ok following your post i read it i won't get that 2 minutes back

Edited by steve187
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Crowds influence the referees' decisions, as there was no difference with no crowd. 

What exactly is the Guardian trying to say - Italians don't like black people ?

And what are they going to do about it? Do it US style and start a blackplayersmatter campaign? Nonsense, let society evolve in the way it wants. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Crowds influence the referees' decisions, as there was no difference with no crowd. 

What exactly is the Guardian trying to say - Italians don't like black people ?

And what are they going to do about it? Do it US style and start a blackplayersmatter campaign? Nonsense, let society evolve in the way it wants. 

I recommend reading the article.

English league football games were plagued with racism coming from a small but vociferous and often violent group of people attending games, ostensibly as ‘fans’.

Identifying and calling out their behaviour, with clubs, player, mangers, fans and the football association all acting to rid the game of racism has very positive developments for the sport and those who enjoy it.

The ‘let society evolve as it wants’ is exactly what happened, people spoke up and did something about a problem, journalists and newspapers played their part too.

The Italians would do well to learn from the response of UK football to racism.

Bring it back to an inclusive game that parents are happy to bring their children along to.