Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Nightmare trying to get a Visa to Denmark (just for a 10 day visit) for wife and kids - is there any agency that I could pay to do it for me?

The website appointed by the Danish embassy for a visa (Apparently the only option) has been a non ending frustration of bugs, rejected payments and even "restricting" my account so I can't do more attempts for 24-48 hours.

Calling them was useless, a muffled voice with a strong Indian accent, had to try my best and they basically told me to keep trying.

This is driving me insane, the trip date is approaching and who knows how long this will take. Are there any good visa services that would help me out with this? I don't mind paying the premium I just don't want to deal with this horrible company.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, proton said:

Unless it got changed EU law states you can apply at the embassy for a shengen visa and they cannot send you to the agent. Had this argument at the Italian embassy 4 years ago, after showing them the law they gave in and did it themselves

That would be great, do you happen to have a link to this law? I couldn't find it on my search

Edited by FarangFB

6 minutes ago, proton said:

I got it off here but cant find it now, I will have a look for the print out

Thanks, it will be great help.

I've looked around and it's amazing that an agent could grow so big and with with such a bad service, the internet has countless complaints of all sorts of issues (website, not being able to contact, taking too long to return passports) and yet they managed to get so many countries to use them as the main channel for handling the visas.

7 hours ago, proton said:

You don't have to apply for Denmark you can get one from another country

You have to apply at the Consulate with jurisdiction for the main destination in the Schengen area, if you are travelling to various member states and a spending an equal amount of time in a number of them, then you should apply via the Consulate with jurisdiction for your point of entry into the Schengen Area.
In theory once you have a Schengen Visa you can travel freely, but in order to obtain one you need to show flight and details of accomodation for the trip.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, proton said:

Unless it got changed EU law states you can apply at the embassy for a shengen visa and they cannot send you to the agent. Had this argument at the Italian embassy 4 years ago, after showing them the law they gave in and did it themselves

I'm pretty sure that was dropped, it was certainly in the old Schengen Handbook, but it's not in the updated Schengen Code, at least I cannot find it, after skimming through all 138 pages, whilst it does mention the direct submission, it doesn't say the applicant has a right to do so. 

visa_code_handbook_consolidated_en.pdf

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

When I get those people from India answering I just hang up.

If it's an Indian call centre, you aren't going to get another option. My Aussie bank has an Indian call centre, there's no way to bypass it.