Recommend online business web hosting provider

AustinRacing

Why in Thailand?

The web server and the company can be anywhere, it doesn't matter.

Web hosting is a business which works best with many many servers. A small company with a few (hundreds) or servers can't be as efficient as a bigger company.

If you have sensitive data then I suggest a European company which works under GDPR.

Otherwise any big company should do the job.

I would avoid small(er) companies.

You can easily find online comparisons.

I use since years https://www.ionos.com/ . They do a good job. I am sure there are also other good companies.

• Like 1

If you are capable of running a Linux server on your own, I suggest DigitalOcean and a Singapore server.

If you need a simple server package with a control panel - in other words, someone else runs the servers and you just use a web browser based control panel to manage your site - I have clients who are happy with SiteGround. I have yet to find a hosting service within Thailand that I would recommend.

3 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

I thought getting feedback from actual users would be more realistic. 

Many Thai companies use servers in Singapore – when it happens that ASEAN NOW is down, the service provider says that my computer works, the network and servers in Singapore works, but the ASEAN NOW-site has a problem (could be reboot, or overloaded, or whatever).

There are numerous hosting providers in Singapore with everything from a single web-hotel to virtual servers or real servers, or even parking your own physical server. You can for example try Contabo – "German quality with global availability" – link HERE. I've used the Munich serverpark for a number of years since the company's early days, today Contabo has datacenters worldwide...

3 hours ago, timendres said:

I suggest DigitalOcean

Do you or your clients have any b2b sites or services running there? I ask because they are notorious on the internet for ignoring reports of, or flat out allowing, botnets and scripts running on their network scanning for and exploiting everything under the sun. Their ASNs were blocked at the majority of places I've worked, and I heard the same from others in the industry. A review of some logs a couple of weeks ago showed about 40% of malicious traffic from non Russia/China/Korea IP space was coming out of DO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spongeworthy said:

Do you or your clients have any b2b sites or services running there? I ask because they are notorious on the internet for ignoring reports of, or flat out allowing, botnets and scripts running on their network scanning for and exploiting everything under the sun. Their ASNs were blocked at the majority of places I've worked, and I heard the same from others in the industry. A review of some logs a couple of weeks ago showed about 40% of malicious traffic from non Russia/China/Korea IP space was coming out of DO.

I could confirm this - their abuse department is seriously understaffed. A lot of shít comes from digitalocean networks, unfortunately I have to block particular IPs rather than the whole AS num as I'd like to, as I do have clients with their stuff or their clients hosted at DO.

Edited by fdsa