Pollution in Samrong area / Sukhumvit 113

Snugs08

Is the pollution in Samrong within 1km of BTS any worse than rest of Sukhumvit road - in direction back to the city? 

The large canal you see from the BTS walkway looks pretty industrial to the point I didn't see any small boats or even a walkway running parallel as far as I could look, I was quite surprised how wide it was too.  I don't expect it to be clean, few waterways are in any city are, but reports like https://greenpeace.to/publications/ChaoPhraya_canals_textilefacilities.pdf concern me in view of moving to accommodation in Samrong.

Would one be concerned staying a 100-200metres from the canal edge on either of the two roads running parallel from Samrong BTS down to Srinakarin - for clarity thats Thepharak Road and sukhumvit 113? I just don't know how to weigh this up... Mains and drainage water is pumped in from somewhere other than the canal in any accommodation right so that's mute? Is soil contamination a thing unless you're rolling around in the dirt at the canal edge?

There was a large factory explosion the other year back, or possibly two, are current residents still concerned about industrial growth in the more general Samut Pakarn area, are regulations and enforcement of such getting better?

I kind of suspect the answer is along the lines of no worse than anywhere else in Bangkok but wanted to check.

Thanks