March 3, 20233 yr I understand that if a vehicle has not had it's tax paid for three years, it's registration is null and void and a new tabien rot and number plate must be issued. I've been told back tax will be applicable. Can anyone confirm tax will be required for the three years prior to expiration date only? My vehicle has been completely rebuilt and not used for twelve years. Anyone can confirm three years only tax applicable? Thanks
March 3, 20233 yr Popular Post My bike was off road for 6. 1/2 years. Got it back on the road after DLT inspection and paying 7 years back tax with a 6 baht fine, I was devastated.
March 4, 20233 yr Author On 3/3/2023 at 10:40 AM, Kwasaki said: My bike was off road for 6. 1/2 years. Got it back on the road after DLT inspection and paying 7 years back tax with a 6 baht fine, I was devastated. Yeah, you've already said that. Thought I'd give the question another go as nothing 'official' online, but appears hopeless. If the bloody book's cancelled, how, in the muppet Thai's eyes can it be taxable? Rhetorical question. Logic applies neither with the Thai nor on this forum. Hell, with it. I'll go see for myself even though Thai engineer tells me took his chum four goes to sort things in town and that local 'testing center' in Rawai sign's disappeared. They taking lessons from bent imm d'ya think ..
March 4, 20233 yr 3 hours ago, rabiedabruce said: Yeah, you've already said that. Thought I'd give the question another go as nothing 'official' online, but appears hopeless. If the bloody book's cancelled, how, in the muppet Thai's eyes can it be taxable? Rhetorical question. Logic applies neither with the Thai nor on this forum. Hell, with it. I'll go see for myself even though Thai engineer tells me took his chum four goes to sort things in town and that local 'testing center' in Rawai sign's disappeared. They taking lessons from bent imm d'ya think .. All I can say mush is yes do it at the DLT office ya self, I did no problem at all. Don't listen to BS people who have not done re-taxing vehicles that have been off road. Nothing to do with immigration.
March 5, 20233 yr Logically, if a vehicle is not taxed each year, when new registration is required, unpaid taxes are due. Did you file the appropriate paperwork twelve years ago stating it would not be used on the road?
March 5, 20233 yr 3 hours ago, Yellowtail said: Logically, if a vehicle is not taxed each year, when new registration is required, unpaid taxes are due. Did you file the appropriate paperwork twelve years ago stating it would not be used on the road? He has a book doesn't matter if the vehicle is 20 years old, one gets it tested for roadworthy at DLT and checks on frame number, engine number. Pays up the money.
March 7, 20233 yr Author On 3/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, Yellowtail said: Logically, if a vehicle is not taxed each year, when new registration is required, unpaid taxes are due. Did you file the appropriate paperwork twelve years ago stating it would not be used on the road? No. I was lying half dead in ICU and then ten years in court fighting the thieves who'd tried to sell my house whilst doing so. Not high on list of priorities and not at all relevant if they'd cancelled the damn thing after three years anyway.
March 7, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, rabiedabruce said: No. I was lying half dead in ICU and then ten years in court fighting the thieves who'd tried to sell my house whilst doing so. Not high on list of priorities and not at all relevant if they'd cancelled the damn thing after three years anyway. You were in ICU for two years? So how did the ten-year court battle go?
March 7, 20233 yr Author 1 minute ago, Yellowtail said: You were in ICU for two years? So how did the ten-year court battle go? I never lose.
March 7, 20233 yr 25 minutes ago, rabiedabruce said: I never lose. So what did you win that had you in the ICU?
Create an account or sign in to comment