Watching Tv Shows and Movies

Startmeup

With a smart TV What are the best options for this that would encompass all the various streaming services in one app/device?

I have had a box in the past where you pay and annual subscription fee and you could get hundreds of channels globally and then search old/new movies and TV shows. Is a box like this still the best option, my subscription is expired and im wondering if its worth renewing?

22 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

With a smart TV What are the best options for this that would encompass all the various streaming services in one app/device?

An Android Box!

Problem AFAIK with a Smart TV is that you can't (side)load any apps from some streaming services and you get around that problem with an Android box.

No idea which one to buy as I haven't used them in a long while

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Startmeup said:

Is a box like this still the best option, my subscription is expired and im wondering if its worth renewing?

Still the best option for me. Been using it for many years. You get a login and pwd for a service and it also works without the 'box' on PCs, mobile devices so you can watch TV anywhere with suitable apps installed. Not sure any Smart TV's operating systems allow side install of such apps, but could be wrong, never tried, life's too short.

• Like 1

you need an Android box or a fire stick, but not plug and play will need some apps adding and setting up, will also need updating periodically. get the best box you can afford, do some you tube research. 

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

you need an Android box or a fire stick, but not plug and play will need some apps adding and setting up, will also need updating periodically. get the best box you can afford, do some you tube research. 

I find Fire TV Stick is great, and I have an IPTV app from UK for £30 a year. Everything is there. 

You can install apk's from Downloader.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I find Fire TV Stick is great

Friend just mentioned this one to me. He said you buy it and then pay for a yearly code/password and it gives you access to all movie/sports/PPV/etc channels. Maybe through some sort of app that you download to the stick im not sure? 

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

you need an Android box or a fire stick

Fire stick is a bit over 2k to buy on lazada. Whats the difference between it and an android box?

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

Android box, add such as CinemaHD2, LiveNetTv, TVMob, Kodi watch anything you like FOC

These are all free apps that can be downloaded to the android box? Why do some people pay for passwords and yearly subscription if this is available is it patchy/poor quality? Dropping out during PPVs etc

1 minute ago, Startmeup said:

Friend just mentioned this one to me. He said you buy it and then pay for a yearly code/password and it gives you access to all movie/sports/PPV/etc channels. Maybe through some sort of app that you download to the stick im not sure? 

Fire stick is a bit over 2k to buy on lazada. Whats the difference between it and an android box?

Nothing really, but a genuine Amazon Fire TV will be better than a cheapo Chinese Android box for Bht 1000.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

I'll check out what youtube says. These two seem to be the most popular. Do you pay for the apps?

23 hours ago, Startmeup said:

I'm confused.

What do you want to do? Subscribe and pay the monthly fee for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, HBO Go, Disney Hotstar...?

If this, then most new TVs can run all of these apps. as Android TV apps or proprietary OS (Tizen for example) Or you can use an attached device: Android box, Firestick, Chromecast.

I run everything ( Netflix, Amazon Prime, NFL GamePass International, HBO Go, Disney Hotstar) off my Chromecast, exccept for Apple TV+ - there is no Android TV version of their app, fortunately my TV (Samsung) has the Apple TV+ app "natively".

Or do you want some Android box with a service offering "thousands of channels" for a fee?

1 minute ago, Fab5BKK said:

Other solution:

Download films, TV programs, etc. , load them in 1 HDD, plug it on your TV or router

Used to do this with Vuze. How is it done nowadays? I have a hard drive plugged into side of the TV and this is what ive been suing last few weeks. 

Personally, I prefer to connect the hard disk to the router (much larger capacity supported and better accessibility).

For the connection between the smart TV and the router I use 2 powerline adapters.

Edited by Fab5BKK

1 hour ago, Fab5BKK said:

Personally, I prefer to connect the hard disk to the router (much larger capacity supported and better accessibility).

For the connection between the smart TV and the router I use 2 powerline adapters.

How do you download what you want to watch? 

Id like to be able to watch ppv live so I don’t think it would cover all my needs but still something I’d like to be able to do. 

10 hours ago, Startmeup said:

How do you download what you want to watch? 

Id like to be able to watch ppv live so I don’t think it would cover all my needs but still something I’d like to be able to do. 

live tv is harder to find, with quite a bit of buffering and of course due to the time difference its not so convenient.

use a torrent site to find the links such as YTS; 1337x; RARBG; The Pirate Bay (TPB); EZTV; TorrentGalaxy and then use a program to download to your computer,  such as uTorrent, BitTorrent; Bitport; qBittorrent; Vuze; BitComet; Transmission

Edited by steve187

16 hours ago, Startmeup said:

These are all free apps that can be downloaded to the android box? Why do some people pay for passwords and yearly subscription if this is available is it patchy/poor quality? Dropping out during PPVs etc

No idea. Over the past few days I have watched for free - live golf, rugby, the latest movies, new series etc all via an Android box I bought 8 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

live tv is harder to find, with quite a bit of buffering and of course due to the time difference its not so convenient.

use a torrent site to find the links such as YTS; 1337x; RARBG; The Pirate Bay (TPB); EZTV; TorrentGalaxy and then use a program to download to your computer,  such as uTorrent, BitTorrent; Bitport; qBittorrent; Vuze; BitComet; Transmission

Pirate bay is still a thing? I thought that had disappeared. 

23 hours ago, Startmeup said:

The box I have right now is called the "T95", is anybody familiar with this? Ive lost the remote but can order another one through lazada. Maybe I can download some apps onto this instead of having to buy a fire stick 

Obtain an air mouse as opposed to a normal remote control; https://androidtvnews.com/best-air-mouse/

https://shopee.co.th/product/32478429/4932547053