Phuket Or Ko Samui

mittheimp

ive been to Ko Samui twice before, its nice but i really want to go somewhere different. Im coming to Thailand with two mates at the end of july, one is adament he doesnt want to go to ko samui again, the other thinks its the best option as the weather will be more reliable then. Our holiday itinery will be mostly dictated by drinking and all that goes with it - but also want things to do in the day like snorkling, golf, fishing trip, boat trip, hire bikes jeep etc. We have 7 nights.

What you think for this time of year,... is phuket going to be a mistake?

ive been to Ko Samui twice before, its nice but i really want to go somewhere different. Im coming to Thailand with two mates at the end of july, one is adament he doesnt want to go to ko samui again, the other thinks its the best option as the weather will be more reliable then. Our holiday itinery will be mostly dictated by drinking and all that goes with it - but also want things to do in the day like snorkling, golf, fishing trip, boat trip, hire bikes jeep etc. We have 7 nights.

Heck, after 7 days of doing all that, your going to need another holiday when you get back! :o

....No constructive imput, er..sorry.

Pattaya is a cattle market. Just visited Pattaya 2 months ago.... what a shock :D

Phuket has much more style, good golf and plenty drinking. And Phuket beaches just blow away Pattaya beaches :o

Don't worry, iv'e been to pattaya for a couple of days! Only three things ive visited in my life left me open mouthed in amazement - scuba diving in the great barrier reef (i drank a lot of salty water!!) the sky line of New York,.. and getting out the bus onto the main street in pattaya. I have no plans to return! Seedy places in resorts are all well and good.. but its nice to escape from them now and again!

Thanks for the input!

Pattaya is a cattle market. Just visited Pattaya 2 months ago.... what a shock :D

Phuket has much more style, good golf and plenty drinking. And Phuket beaches just blow away Pattaya beaches :D

Don't worry, iv'e been to pattaya for a couple of days! Only three things ive visited in my life left me open mouthed in amazement - scuba diving in the great barrier reef (i drank a lot of salty water!!) the sky line of New York,.. and getting out the bus onto the main street in pattaya. I have no plans to return! Seedy places in resorts are all well and good.. but its nice to escape from them now and again!

Thanks for the input!

There you go my friend It has to be Phuket :o

Edited by Kimera

Definitely worth going since you've already been to Ko Samui. But just note that other than the plane ticket, just about everything seems to cost more in Phuket.

Just to keep this thread nice and unanimous - definitely Phuket! Be sure to support the local industry by utilising plenty of tuktuks, buying some nice suits and getting at least half a dozen massages. Don't worry - THEY will find YOU :o

Our holiday itinery will be mostly dictated by drinking and all that goes with it - but also want things to do in the day like snorkling, golf, fishing trip, boat trip, hire bikes jeep etc. We have 7 nights.

is phuket going to be a mistake?

in phuket you can get all... you're looking for....i suggest you patong... :o

Our holiday itinery will be mostly dictated by drinking and all that goes with it - but also want things to do in the day like snorkling, golf, fishing trip, boat trip, hire bikes jeep etc. We have 7 nights.

is phuket going to be a mistake?

in phuket you can get all... you're looking for....i suggest you patong... :o

In my opinion (not a good one) but phucket is a mini pattaya, having said that, if you aint been i would def go,go, (thats a pun) samui is very nice an ya can escape up mountains on bikes etc, but youve done that.

I love pattaya, but youve been, so me thinks try phucket, and try im not sure if ya can get a boat accross but try get krabi cos all that area is really nice, but you will miss the patong nightlife if ya stayed there.

as for weather on this fourum is a weather guide some where just check a day or 2 before ya come.

wherever ya end up have a good one, and a must is the islands trips off phucket, phi phi (i think) and james bond, maya beech etc once in a lifetime job!

good luck!