Where is the Feta Cheese?

arick

I want to make a Greek salad.  I went to a large Tesco no feta cheese. Today I went to Makro in Khon kaen and no feta cheese.  Are the cows angry or what? 

Also makro the Aussie beef was 1800/kg. <deleted>

Edited by arick
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Small correction, the greek feta is not made from cow milk but its a mixture of sheep and goat milk. What you are looking for is a white cheese from mainly Denmark or France. But looking at the prices 963 baht for 1kg from an online shop in thailand I wouldn't blame you for going for the alternative, even here in bahrain is cheaper! ????

image.png.6f68d1dfb381162fca6cbb652c57d7ec.png

19 minutes ago, gearbox said:

In Macro Samui there is feta cheese 145 baht for 200 grams, also some imported brands as well. Maybe in your area there is no market for it and they don't stock.

Khon kaen is much bigger then Samui island we have always had it so it's not that. 

• Confused 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 4:09 PM, arick said:

want to make a Greek salad.  I went to a large Tesco no feta cheese. Today I went to Makro in Khon kaen and no feta cheese.

I realise it is a late reply But Macro in Khon Kaen(the big one) Has a good selection of Feta . All the way to the right at the refrigerated section. Above the grated mozzarella, 

Don't get the one in brine, it is too salty and made from cow milk , where the one in the picture is made from goat milk.

For salads get the one in the picture below. 

PS: they are building a new Macro on  Mittraphap rd right past Lotu'sssssss

No description available.