Russian Man Arrested on Pha-ngan Island for 188 days of Overstay

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Pha-ngan Island, Surat Thani – A 50-year-old Russian man was arrested on Pha-ngan Island in Surat Thani for 188 days of overstaying his legal visa conditions.

Surat Thani Immigration officers told the Phuket Express that this week they arrested MR. LEONID TOISLOI, 50, a Russian national. He was arrested in front of a convenience store in Chalok Lam, on Pha-ngan Island.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/09/russian-man-arrested-on-pha-ngan-island-for-188-days-of-overstay/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bye Bye Mr. Leonid! Have safe stay in IDC and a pleasant trip home. You deserved it!

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I have no sympathy of people who stay illegally on tourist visa. Have sympathy for migrant workers. He is 50-years old and can stay in Thailand for 1000-1200 baht a month. If one cannot come up with $50 to stay in Thailand, they should go back to their home country. 

And what in the whole wide world are you on about? Live on 1000-1200 baht per month? ???? (You are living the dream, as Mr. Cheese would have said)

Let´s say like this. A person so stupid, that the come to Thailand trying to live on such small amount should go back to their home country.

Now I have corrected everything for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Weii with the number of Russian tourists now in Thailand 

I can imagine there there will be a lot more  overstayers  coming up in the near future 

Watch this space ????

Saw one yesterday trying to steal a coconut, from my Thai Neighbors land  they had pulled up in a car at the end of my small soi. I put my window down and said "do you know that is stealing?" "No" she sounded Russian to me. 

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Watch this space ????

How do we watch this space?   Lol.   Time to watch Russians more carefully?  Remember the articles on Russian overstayers?    As a farang, what do we do with this information?   Lol

Edited by BananaStrong

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I have no sympathy of people who stay illegally on tourist visa. Have sympathy for migrant workers. He is 50-years old and can stay in Thailand for 1000-1200 baht a month. If one cannot come up with $50 to stay in Thailand, they should go back to their home country. 

1000- 1200 Baht per Month????????????????

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Bye Bye Mr. Leonid! Have safe stay in IDC and a pleasant trip home. You deserved it!

And what in the whole wide world are you on about? Live on 1000-1200 baht per month? ???? (You are living the dream, as Mr. Cheese would have said)

Let´s say like this. A person so stupid, that the come to Thailand trying to live on such small amount should go back to their home country.

Now I have corrected everything for you.

I suspect even the IDC is better than the Bakhmut meat grinder ... could be possible to survive on rice and fish heads for a couple of years till it's all over ...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Do you sleep on the streets and eat out of bins?

7 hours ago, ujayujay said:

1000- 1200 Baht per Month????????????????

I was talking about the agent fees for a 50-year old to stay in Thailand legally. How much he spends for his day-to-day expenses, depends on him. It is extremely easy to stay in Thailand legally for a person 50 or older. One only has to spend 15K.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I was talking about the agent fees for a 50-year old to stay in Thailand legally. How much he spends for his day-to-day expenses, depends on him. It is extremely easy to stay in Thailand legally for a person 50 or older. One only has to spend 15K.

Maybe you should have mentioned that then. However, to say that using an agent for getting an extension is legal, is a stretch. So, far it has been accepted. How long, nobody knows.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Maybe you should have mentioned that then. However, to say that using an agent for getting an extension is legal, is a stretch. So, far it has been accepted. How long, nobody knows.

Well he did say "to stay in " rather than "to live on"...Using an agent is seemingly endorsed or sponsored by Immigration. which lends to the legality. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, mancub said:

Well he did say "to stay in " rather than "to live on"...Using an agent is seemingly endorsed or sponsored by Immigration. which lends to the legality. 

"Sponsored" by immigration because the agents give the IOs a payment which does not carry any receipt ( is that legal?) with it as far as I know, at least the 'NO TIPS' signs have been removed.

12 hours ago, mancub said:

Mmmm. potato or potato, tomato or tomato comes to mind......