Phuket Tourism Rapidly Recovers But 17,000 Staffers Still Needed

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – Phuket tourism has rapidly recovered but 17,000 staffers are still needed as more foreign tourists are coming.

The President of the Thai Hotel Association Southern Chapter Mr. Sueksit Suwandissakun told Thai media, “Phuket tourism has rapidly recovered since the middle of last year. Eighty-eight percent of hotel rooms have been sold from January to this month which is about the same number as before Covid-19”

“Chinese tourists are coming back and a new and growing tourist market are Kazakhstani tourists,” Mr. Sueksit noted.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/14/phuket-tourism-rapidly-recovers-but-17000-staffers-still-needed/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Just got back from eight days in Phuket and that place is packed with tourists. The airport as well. Mostly Russians and Ukrainians who I have to say are very well behaved, well dressed ( well we all wear beach wear at the beach of course) and are spending a lot of baht. Many restaurants and hotels are hiring young people from Myanmar who often tell me they don't speak Thai when I order food or ask a question lol. Both Karon and Patong were super busy. Many other foreigners there as well.  The one thing I noticed both in Bangkok and Phuket is that the Russians don't seem to be that interested in buying weed compared to others. Lots of nice families too. 

• Thumbs Up 1