Whats the deal with Thai Karaoke bars

yeahbutif

3 of us went to check them out

This was first time so had no idea what to expect apart from some nice looking girls outside

So we were shown in by 3 ladies and sat down

We asked the cashier lady for 3 small chang beers as we were going top move on to check out other karaoke bars in the same street .bit  like a pub crawl,  anyway the cashier lady said only large so we had one large between the 3 of us ..

Then asked the ladies what they wanted it seems they said the same as us so got 2 more large bottles. We stayed about 30 mins the girls dint speak any English so just general chat via phone app. No touching or groping like you would in normal girly bars.

Any way cost was 980bhat  

Seems expensive ,bearring in mind as I was planning on giving the lady I was sitting with a tip.

So okay 300bhat each for 30 mins sitting with a girl don’t seem that bad,

, but was wondering if we had stayed longer what the cost would have been? same again anothe 980baht

or are the beers and normal prices and the lady drinks double?

Or do you pay normal prices all night for the drinks and pay a service fee of 200 baht per lady per hr.

Could be the lady to sit with you like bar fine?

We decided not to stay and not to go to other ones as the cost may have been the same

so went to a normal farang style girly bar, the cost of a small beer and a lady drink cost me 200bhat,  

But if we had stayed would it be less money say buying beers at normal price as the service fee for ladies would be already paid?

I assume extras at some point would have been on offer but I don’t know this .or are the just pick up points ?.

If  other people can give information would be good as would like to try again but don’t want to feel like I’m being scammed … or should we just stick to farang style bars

"Whats the deal with Thai Karaoke bars"

You didn't go to a Thai Karaoke bar, you went to a Japanese style Karaoke bar.

Thai style karaoke bars are usually very cheap, loads of them around the ring roads, lots of Xmas lights around the outsides. Many attractive Laos ladies inside. Been to a few with pals, cheap beer, cheap food. You put 100bht in 10bht coins in a glass in the centre of your table, every time a girl sitting at your table sings a song, she takes 10bht out.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

"Whats the deal with Thai Karaoke bars"

You didn't go to a Thai Karaoke bar, you went to a Japanese style Karaoke bar.

Thai style karaoke bars are usually very cheap, loads of them around the ring roads, lots of Xmas lights around the outsides. Many attractive Laos ladies inside. Been to a few with pals, cheap beer, cheap food. You put 100bht in 10bht coins in a glass in the centre of your table, every time a girl sitting at your table sings a song, she takes 10bht out.

Well all I can say is it had the lights.and was just out side a more busy holiday destination. And seems thai ladies to me..so sound's like we were scammed?