Interrest On Accounts At Krung Thai

There have been many reports of not being able to receive interest on accounts held at Krung Thai Bank.

I have a savings account and was also denied interest upon opening it with the 'story' no can do for non-Thais.......

I contacted the call center via e-mail and got the reply that with a 'proper' visa there was no problem

I brought a copy of my retirement extension stamp and the account now shows interest calculation

It seems to be an internal rule for Krung Thai as my SCB account was showing interest calculation from the start even though I did not have the visa extension at the time.

Yes, I think that is correct. I wanted to open a local account a few months ago and went to several banks before finally getting what I want from Kasikorn. At Krung Thai head office on sukkumvit they told me there was no interest if the customer doesn't have a WP - having a visa does not help. They also told me I couldn't have a ATM card ! After speaking to the manager I was told that this was their internal policy. Bizare to say the least.

Yes, I think that is correct. I wanted to open a local account a few months ago and went to several banks before finally getting what I want from Kasikorn. At Krung Thai head office on sukkumvit they told me there was no interest if the customer doesn't have a WP - having a visa does not help. They also told me I couldn't have a ATM card ! After speaking to the manager I was told that this was their internal policy. Bizare to say the least.

Well their internal policy is that you need a 'proper' visa not a WP

Get the call center to reply to an e-mail and bring the copy to your branch

My branch already had been forwarded a copy of the e-mail and were waiting for my visit

Very good follow-up on customer service

Well their internal policy is that you need a 'proper' visa not a WP

Get the call center to reply to an e-mail and bring the copy to your branch

My branch already had been forwarded a copy of the e-mail and were waiting for my visit

Very good follow-up on customer service

I had a "proper" visa - a non immigrant type O, and I was at their head office. I even spoke to several managers but to no avail.

Anyway, as stated I opened an account with Kasikorn just around the corner with no problem at all - the account pays interest and I have an ATM card.

Krung thai bank sucks for foreigners . I had an account with them for two years ,not knowing of non interest policy back then.

They robbed me of several thousands of interest . I have got SCB right now with interest .Although I do not like there service.

I am thinking about Ayuthaya bank , I like them better , although not to many branches (in CM), anyone knows if they give interest rates ? So far I know only Krungthai have this policy.

Krung thai bank sucks for foreigners . I had an account with them for two years ,not knowing of non interest policy back then.

They robbed me of several thousands of interest . I have got SCB right now with interest .Although I do not like there service.

I am thinking about Ayuthaya bank , I like them better , although not to many branches (in CM), anyone knows if they give interest rates ? So far I know only Krungthai have this policy.

Krung Thai is the only bank with a branch in my Amphur that is why I tried and succeded in them giving me inyerest on my savings account without too much trouble actually.

Their internet banking is very easy to use and quite simple, when I send money form Japan it is exchanged at a good rate and credited same day. They have branches and ATMs all over the places.....

Just wanted to tell that it is possible as there customer service reached by e-mailfrom their website will make things happen