Photos for marriage extension

Just started on getting organised for extension based on marriage. We are now in a different house from the last time, all reported with TM30 etc and no problems with that. Had the photos taken this morning, 2 inside the house and 2 outside, 1 showing us in front of our house number. However, the problem is the style and colour of numbers on our postbox while perfectly legible from the street hardly show up on the photo and even squinting really hard are barely legible in the printed photo - will this be a problem or will immi officer tell us to get better numbers for our house and reject the photo.

Another bit of info needed, i cannot remember how much blank space to leave at the bottom of page for them to place their stamp, I've left 5 cm but cannot remember if that is enough.

I still have nearly 2 weeks before i can even put my application in so plenty of time to rectify things if needed too.

I put 2 standard size (6" x 4" I believe) portait photos per single page of A4, with the A4 paper in landscape and the 2 photos spaced evenly so the gaps between them and the gaps to the paper edges are pretty much uniform.

My IO requires 6 photos - each with myself and my wife but without any kids, pets etc. From memory I do:

1 outside with house number showing

1 sat on the sofa in main living area

1 with us standing in the kitchen by the sink

1 with us next to her wardrobe with her multitude of clothes showing.

1 with us sat on the bed

1 with us standing next to a sink in a bathroom

If you're that worried about the house number, get a new one made. Not expensive and might help delivery drivers to find you faster too.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I put 2 standard size (6" x 4" I believe) portait photos per single page of A4, with the A4 paper in landscape and the 2 photos spaced evenly so the gaps between them and the gaps to the paper edges are pretty much uniform.

My IO requires 6 photos - each with myself and my wife but without any kids, pets etc. From memory I do:

1 with us sat on the bed

If you're that worried about the house number, get a new one made. Not expensive and might help delivery drivers to find you faster too.

Your IO sure likes to make you dance.

• Like 2

I've often thought how absurd some immigration office requirements for marrital pictures are. If my stay was not absolutely dependant on a marriage extension, then I'd be tempted to include a picture of my partner and I under the bed covers grinning and doing that smiley thing with the thumb and forefinger. Would love to see the I/O's reaction. F.F.S how much more tedious can some offices make the requirements. Anytime I've seen issues and raised voices at my I/O, it has always been those on marriage visas (I'm not thankfully).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I've often thought how absurd some immigration office requirements for marrital pictures are.

Yes & no, they had so many fake marriage, that now they actually have to go out, and take photos and interview neighbors if they suspect anything is off. 

IOs like it so much better when foreigners weren't aholes.  Or, they enjoy the day out of the office, as just as bad sometimes.

House visits may scare off some of the lasses from participating.  Or at least the foreigner has to visit the house, once a year, but if neighbors say "hell no, we never see that farang" .. that could be a problem.

Of course, we have the scammers to thank for that.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Woof999 said:

1 with us sat on the bed

These photos are more or less what I present as well ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless it is, for some reason, particularly inconvenient for you to do so (ie, no printer easily accessible) I would advise re-doing the photos. Simple. Then you won't have any niggling worries that the IO's might just be having a bad day and reject them. (Which is a drag if, like me, you live a full gas tank's distance from the Imm. Office.)

Margins for stamp? Crikey....is that an issue? At all? I've been pulled up by Imm. for just about every 'paperwork discrepancy' they can come up with (and they can be creative), but never that. ????

Chok dee. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

They really want to be able to read the numbers. No need for bed sitting photos anymore. I believe last time at Korat, only four, two to a page, one outside with house number, 3 inside. I didn't even have one inside the bedroom. Kitchen, living room, and my wife's sewing corner.

They let me by but was told to leave more room under the photos for sigature next time.

Edited by bunnydrops
addition

My office want’s everything in portrait mode and they have their own stamp which they place at the bottom of the page which has a few lines in Thai and one where I have to place my signature. Going by memory last year I signed around 50 pages as it’s 2 copies of everything. They don’t want this stamp to cover any contents of the page you’re presenting. If you get it all right they’re quite happy but it all has to be done their way. Last year I gave them a Google map printout, they got one of their officers to copy it by hand and handed me back my Google printed one. 

5 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

My office want’s everything in portrait mode and they have their own stamp which they place at the bottom of the page which has a few lines in Thai and one where I have to place my signature. Going by memory last year I signed around 50 pages as it’s 2 copies of everything. They don’t want this stamp to cover any contents of the page you’re presenting. If you get it all right they’re quite happy but it all has to be done their way. Last year I gave them a Google map printout, they got one of their officers to copy it by hand and handed me back my Google printed one. 

Funny, They printed out a Google map and told me to make copies of it to use next time????

Being as we have 3 children we have to show them in the photo of us at our property. Only problem being is that all 3 children do not live in the same abode. My eldest daughter lives in BKK but we are not asked as to say if our children live with us. Therefore what is the point of having to declare them up to the age of 20 ???????? All a load of Horlicks.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

Op.

House number.

Write the house number on A4 very big font. 

( or use pc ) go copy shop laminate it.

stick it over old number on house take photo.

Take down number,  repeat next year.

Edited by quake

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yes & no, they had so many fake marriage, that now they actually have to go out, and take photos and interview neighbors if they suspect anything is off. 

I applied for a marriage extension for the first time three years ago. Before that, I had travelled a lot or did border runs, but Covid put an end to that. At that time we had been married 29 years, confirmed by the marriage certificate, yet they STILL did a house visit. No reason for them to suspect anything was wrong, but they came anyway (and got a large bag of mangos from the garden :smile: )

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time I did an extension I just took a bunch of photos and let the IO choose the ones he wanted and to do the sticking thing. We had copies of each and he actually chose two identical ones which I had to point out to him. Some jobs are just so hard.

Unlike at some offices, we only have to supply one set of documents but had extra of everything in case the rule today was different to the rule yesterday.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

I used to stick the photos on but after them saying it's wrong and tutting I now give them about 15 photos and they pick 4 of them.

I have used the same photos for the last 3 years now.

Might have to update them soon .

As for the number of the house I got stick on numbers for the letter box from the 20 baht shop years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

They really want to be able to read the numbers. No need for bed sitting photos anymore. I believe last time at Korat, only four, two to a page, one outside with house number, 3 inside. I didn't even have one inside the bedroom. Kitchen, living room, and my wife's sewing corner.

They let me by but was told to leave more room under the photos for sigature next time.

Haha sign the photo that you are in declaring it to be you in the photo. The whole thing so moronic.

Never had to sign the photo page.

I just bring six photos in and a blank piece of paper and let them stick them on as they like. Surely as many have noted when you do it they've always got something to say so I just let them do it.

Did my second marriage extension at Hua Hin 21st March. Used last years pictures 4 6x4 double sided.  IO had his pictures from his visit last year that he substituted, 4 small pictures on one side. As new address you may get visit remember to include TM 30.

Much changed from last year so Mods if you feel it needs re-location please do so.

1. Last year everything back-to-back copy. However, now every page of documents must be single sided, passport, house book. map, bank statements.

No problem if Kor Ror 2 or 3 and change of name as these are stand alone and have/may have information on back. Kor Ror 2 original and copy OK.

This I was told is a recent instruction from big Imm boss.

2, This year decided to use monthly income method. I use Bangkok Bank Hua Hin. 

My pensions are deposited In HSBC UK,

On 24th of each month I transfer to Bangkok Bank London, 2 days later they appear in Hua Hin. There the problems have started. Bangkok bank no longer use FTT only TRF.

Got 12 month statement and requested letter detailing a list of monthly deposits and grand total similar in format to letter to Pattaya Imm found on this site, they asked permission from head office but no reply, they did at my request anyway. This must be issued and signed on the day of application.

Luckily I printed 12 month PDFs from HSBC to take as evidence that my pensions were paid into BKB London and HH BKB 2 days later. They wanted 2 full copies (another 24 signatures).

I know from the 2018 pinned Imm memo that I only have to show money in bank account monthly not from overseas as this is for original O visa requirement not for extension. However, did not have to use the memo as this would have resulted in their Loss of Face.

This is a true account of my experience which may be helpful to others. Altogether a pleasant experience All Hail HH Immigration. (Remember each office makes up its own rules.)

Therefore, my story does not require comment from the Trolls that only think they may know better.

This process took nearly 3 hours so have booked appointment for 20 Apr on net for call back. Confirmation of appointment took 30 mins and should save waiting. 

Chas

Edited by Chaspul
The 3 hours was mainly waiting time due to high influx of Russian needing extension