Dinnae Mess Wi The Weegies ! Glasgow V America !

If this had happened in a US airport, compared to Glasgow

Eyewitness accounts

America: "Oh my God! there was a man on fire, he was running about, I just ran for my life.....I thought I was gonna die, he got so close to me"

Glasgow: "C*nt wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

America: "I just wanna get home, away from here.....I just wanna get home, I thought I was gonna die"

Glasgow: "Here Shug, am no leavin here till am oan a *****in' plane!"

America: "There was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was happening, I thought I was gonna die"

Glasgow: "***** this fir a kerry oan, moan we'll get a pint in"

America: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life"

Glasgow: "A swaggered by the motor that wis oan fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis oan fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America: "There was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought I was gonna die"

Glasgow: "There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire - it wis like that"

America: "I'm too traumatised even to speak, I thought I was gonna die"

Glasgow: "Here mate, gies 2 minutes tae a phone ma auld dear, if am gonnae be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........John Smeaton (these are real) John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news. The interviewer asked "What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied: "This is Glasgow - we'll just set about you"

John done an interview on CNN and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said "Me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" !

WE'RE NO THE PEOPLE TAE MESS WI'!!!

ow gawd, its actually somewhat embarressing cuz its somewhat true. If you get hostile with the average Scot, esp from that neck of the woods, tend to get riled and aggressive not passive and scared.

I tell you what too, the airport is roughly between Paisley and Glasgow which already see its fair share of violence. Im sure the locals were not as fazed as some other areas could be.

Still, its no laughing matter and the bravado Scots banter still astounds me and not often in a good way, even though i grew up around it.

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........John Smeaton (these are real) John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news. The interviewer asked "What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied: "This is Glasgow - we'll just set about you"

John done an interview on CNN and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said "Me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" !

I liked the real quotes the best. Bet they won't hit Glasgow again :o