Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Old school iPhoto backup recovery service help.?

hellohello

I have some ancient cds/ dvds where I saved iPhoto backups-  yes, the dreaded iPhoto weird compressed back up. The DVDs are 15- 20 y/o.

Im wishing to get them off the CD and into my cloud.

Anybody know of a service in Bkk or CM that could help with this ancient technology ? 

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, hellohello said:

I have some ancient cds/ dvds where I saved iPhoto backups-  yes, the dreaded iPhoto weird compressed back up. The DVDs are 15- 20 y/o.

@hellohello Having been a iPhoto user for the life of the product there is no specific compressed backup option for iPhoto. FWIW I just booted into snow leopard and iPhoto to confirm my recollection. If you have something different must have used a program like iDVD or compressed the iPhoto libraries and written them to DVDs. So your information is incomplete or possibly inaccurate.

You may have iPhoto libraries that have been saved or written by versions of iPhoto that are too old to be imported into the current Photos app. 

The procedure to either get them into Photos with the existing album structure requires probably two upgrades of the existing iPhoto libraries. Or however if you only want to access the photos themselves it is much more straightforward as all the pictures are stored in the library’s with no compression, you just have to open the library package with suitable SW.

I have just processed a library of 200GB with about 45,000 photos and videos and roughly 250 albums. It takes time and a computer that can boot into old versions of the OS but isn’t particularly difficult 

Edited by sometimewoodworker