Three new monkeypox cases found in Thailand

webfact

image.png

This 2003 electron microscope image shows mature, oval-shaped monkeypox virions, left, and spherical immature virions, right, obtained from a sample of human skin associated with the 2003 prairie dog outbreak. (Cynthia S. Goldsmith, Russell Regner/CDC via AP, File)

Three new monkeypox cases were found in Thailand between March 13th and 23rd, bringing the number of cases to 18 since last year.

According to Dr. Tares Krassanairawiwong, director-general of Disease Control Department, the three new cases are two Thais and one foreigner, who has been living in Thailand for about a decade.

Aged from 27 to 40, the three men do not know each other, but two of them had sexual relationships with male strangers at entertainment venues. All three of them have been quarantined for observation.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/three-new-monkeypox-cases-found-in-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Venom said:

Double mask folks, better to be safe than sorry. 

Had a surprise visit from in-laws who live in Bangkok yesterday. I was surprised that Mrs' SIL wore a mask while in my home. She is a Bangkok nurse and I was surprised, but her choice. 

• Haha 1