Trump Is Holding His First Rally in Waco. That Shouldn’t Surprise You.

onthedarkside

image.png.9ec62a274b73fd3377429e1e5152f6da.png

On Saturday, the first rally of Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign will take place in Waco, Texas.

The significance will not be lost on many of his supporters: The event coincides with the 30th anniversary of the FBI’s disastrous 51-day siege of David Koresh’s Branch Davidian complex.

That siege ended on April 19, 1993, when FBI agents filled the compound with tear gas and used tanks to plow down walls as part of a failed effort to get Koresh, who was the leader of a cult, and his followers to surrender.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2023/03/trump-waco-branch-dividians-koresh/

image.png.82a110557eb477b485925e5987d19028.png

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember it well. Wasn't exactly the FBI's best moment.

Perhaps the ideal place to have a rally if one is standing up against the Washington swamp.

I've changed my mind on Trump, and I hope he wins and wins big time. That'll rattle a few in Washington.

He was elected IMO as a protest against the swamp, but since he lost, IMO the swamp has just been getting swampier.

So never mind that the man (and I use that term very loosely) isn't fit to lead a gaggle of geese across a road. He just needs to "rattle a few in Washington".

OK then.......good plan.........understood!

• Like 2

Just now, NextG said:

Transparency attempt at deflection. You are posting nonsense. NY Post? Is that like the British “The Sun” newspaper?

This the concerns Trump. If you don’t want to discuss the topic, find another thread. 

From a historical perspective it appears that the policy in Trump posts allows discussion about Biden and vice versa.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Does anything this clown does surprise anyone! Pity he did'nt do a David Koresh! Burn baby, burn! 

He’s on the slow burn don’t worry he will flame ???? out soon granted there are many deluded people in the states but the VAST majority see what this imbecile has wrought ie womens rights economy covid response his (foreign) policy sucking up to dictators his mental health no sir he’s almost guaranteed to lose any election this imo is all about getting attention and grifting the rubes oops ???? I meant republicans lol ???? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

He’s on the slow burn don’t worry he will flame ???? out soon granted there are many deluded people in the states but the VAST majority see what this imbecile has wrought ie womens rights economy covid response his (foreign) policy sucking up to dictators his mental health no sir he’s almost guaranteed to lose any election this imo is all about getting attention and grifting the rubes oops ???? I meant republicans lol ???? 

Democrats really, really want Trump to win the GOP nomination which is highly likely even if he's indicted.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Democrats really, really want Trump to win the GOP nomination which is highly likely even if he's indicted.

That would be the Nirvana. Trump jailed and winning the primaries! ????

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

just another day full of false facts and lies spewed out by the biggest liar in the USA.

Not that the lies make any difference to the MAGA supporters, as they believe that anything that Trump says is the truth.

IMO you miss the point that so many in the US hate Washington so much that they are willing to vote for "the biggest liar in the USA". I doubt they "believe anything Trump says", but they are prepared to support him against the swamp as he's the only one doing so that has a chance of becoming the next president.

Washington has done a brilliant job of deflecting attention from themselves to Trump, going by the media.

• Sad 1