Police Raid 17 Locations, Seize Bt1 Billion Assets in Online Gambling Crackdown

snoop1130

1680168051_796665-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, March 30 (TNA) –  Police from Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau raided 17 locations linked to an online gambling network and seized more than one billion baht worth of assets for further investigation.

Pol Gen Torsak Sukwimol, deputy national police chief led the operation to suppress the online gambling network, said Pol Lt Gen Worawat Watmakhonbancha, CCIB head.

The raids were conducted in five provinces and nine suspects were arrested for enticing people to gamble online and money laundering.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1144828

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-03-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

Why don't they just legalize and tax it?

Because all gambling is illegal here, other than the lottery.

Probably because the country populace would go skint in a couple of weeks...........????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police from Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau raided 17 locations linked to an online gambling network and seized more than one billion baht worth of assets for further investigation.

Nice little earner for RTP

12 hours ago, connda said:

Why don't they just legalize and tax it?

Would they not have to legalize 'off-line gambling' first?

They can keep that arrangement for me.. the people here seem to have a very worrying weakness where gambling is concerned.. and I would hate to see a situation as we have in the UK. It is a scourge...recently fined there but many lives ruined. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

Because all gambling is illegal here, other than the lottery.

Bar stool myth that one. 

Never been to the horse races? Bullfighting? Cock fighting? Muay Thai? 

Maybe you should get out a bit more before sharing your "knowledge"

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

Bar stool myth that one. 

Good afternoon Goat, how's your day...I hope not playing Bridge.....:crazy:

For reference from link to OP:-

key suspect is Mek Rama, a businessman and the owner of a famous hotel in Phuket who is the husband of actress Yardthip Rajpal. He was arrested during the raid at a luxury house in Bangkok’s Bang Kapi district.

The police seized more than one billion baht worth of assets for examination under the Money Laundering Act.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1144828

Apologies to Moderators if this is not allowed.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

21 hours ago, Goat said:

Bar stool myth that one. 

You seem to focus on 'fighting'... why not the water buffalo races, dragon boat races etc?

On 4/1/2023 at 9:23 AM, jacko45k said:

You seem to focus on 'fighting'... why not the water buffalo races, dragon boat races etc?

Never gambled on those personally and not sure of the legalities. I did mention horse races. I have gambled on a few other things here, card games, temple festival games etc, but dont think they were illegal.

Poor old @transam thought everything but the lottery was illegal. I was just helping him.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Never gambled on those personally and not sure of the legalities. I did mention horse races. I have gambled on a few other things here, card games, temple festival games etc, but dont think they were illegal.

Poor old @transam thought everything but the lottery was illegal. I was just helping him.

Stick to helping those in your herd, the nannies will appreciate it, l'm sure... ????

2 hours ago, Goat said:

They will gamble on near anything here.... used to go to the dragon boat races on lake Map Prachan in November... gambling there... and nearby to there on buffalo races.