The Revuelto is Lamborghini's maiden plug-in hybrid supercar

Jeremy Clarkson will love this it will go with his Lamborghini farm tractor  ????

From GPT Chat:

Jeremy Clarkson uses a Lamborghini Nitro tractor on his farm in Chadlington, Oxfordshire.

• Like 1

I think the sad thing about cars like that is that it seems most of them are somewhere on city streets making a lot of noise and heat. Not even 10% of the available power is used.

If someone races cars, i.e. on the Nürburgring, and they do this long enough that finally 500HP is not enough anymore, then let them get a car with 1000HP. But if they can't even handle the limits of a 200HP car, what's the point of having so much more?

1200px-Carspotters.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Jeremy Clarkson will love this it will go with his Lamborghini farm tractor  ????

From GPT Chat:

Jeremy Clarkson uses a Lamborghini Nitro tractor on his farm in Chadlington, Oxfordshire.

That reminds me of long time ago when I was on the Autobahn with my BMW 323i and I looked out of the window and I saw this big tire next to me. Soon after that, the tire and the big car attached to it, disappeared very fast on the horizon. A monster! 

Lamborghini LM2

Lamborghini_LM002_Gen1_Type129_1986-1993

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the sad thing about cars like that is that it seems most of them are somewhere on city streets making a lot of noise and heat. Not even 10% of the available power is used.

If someone races cars, i.e. on the Nürburgring, and they do this long enough that finally 500HP is not enough anymore, then let them get a car with 1000HP. But if they can't even handle the limits of a 200HP car, what's the point of having so much more?

1200px-Carspotters.jpg

I doubt many are bought for their power.......more for driving very slowly in crowded areas so you can be seen

• Like 1

There is always jealous detractors with high powered cars but there is something about driving a very powerful rear wheeled car that some people, including myself enjoy. 

I hate driving front wheeled drive 4 cylinder cars.

2 hours ago, Goat said:

There is always jealous detractors with high powered cars but there is something about driving a very powerful rear wheeled car that some people, including myself enjoy. 

I agree.

I don't have a car in Bangkok, I don't need one.

Long time ago I had a BMW 323i which had, I think, 143HP. That was at that time, about 1990, a rocket. I drove it to the max speed, and to the max acceleration, and that was fun. But I was too scared to drive it to the max around corners. I am sure the car was capable of a lot more than I was willing to risk.

Would it have been a lot more fun with 500 or 1000HP? I doubt it.

And then there are of course all those bad streets all over the world. I remember once in Bangkok there was a Lamborghini in front of me. I was on my sports bike. I was ready to open up the throttle to follow him. But it never happened. The Lamborghini drove maybe with something like max 50km/h in front of me, probably scared that he would hit a pothole in the street...

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

1200px-Carspotters.jpg

There is a  point where it becomes useless - my car is 392hp and a roadster - I couldn't use more power than that but I do floor it occasionally and it's very satisfying. The only problem is that it slips and slides a little as it's RWD. You could put 1000hp in that car - and you would not be able to use it as the thing wouldn't stick to the road. You'd have to be on slicks and have the wife in the trunk for additional weight over the rear wheels. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goat said:

I think the satisfaction is in knowing you have to drive it with respect - so that the back end doesn't overtake the front end. A little controlled slip and slide is fun.