Scary Grab Drivers Late At Night

Adventurer1

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Sidenote on the one that didnt leave...I used to work for delivery apps....If i had a delivery at edge of my zone id have to return to the original spot on my dime and gas...he could have just been waiting for another fare in the new area he dropped you off to avoid going back to the pick up spot---unless of course he harassed you, etc...

My buddy is chinese thai...hes a hard worker...that chinese side has the drive to work..hes not scary to me...

Not sure what occurred to make it scary as you have not elaborated...so im playing devils advocate....

So if you did report them what would be the crime?....as maybe i misread your post

You're replying to a woman's experience of 2 Grab drivers. 

Your gender is 'unknown'.

If you are a guy, your experiences late at night are going to be different from hers.

If you are a woman, you would recognise her misgivings as a woman alone in a taxi late at night.

So, fella - why not be a little more considerate, OK?

• Confused 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:

How are we supposed to know that the OP's a sheila and not a bloke? A very wussy bloke mind you ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bundooman said:

According to the profile: A female in Nirvana.

Nuff said.

And on 2nd look, her name is: Adventurer1

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1

Well at least their details are known to Grab and there's an electronic trace of your journey in Grab's system that the driver cannot tamper with, so it's a lot safer than flagging down a random taxi in the street. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:10 AM, Adventurer1 said:

I have recently had two scary experiences with Grab drivers. One of the wasn’t Thai and was very menacing, and the other looked Chinese Thai. One would not leave my building for a long period of time. There is zero background check on these people. Will never use them again. Beware of Grab. 

"Beware of Grab".

Why "beware of Grab" if neither of them did anything that affected you as a passenger, what was so "scary" about them?   

How could you "know" that one of them wasn't a Thai and what is the relevance of the other "looking Chinese Thai" as a huge number of Thais actually are?

Why did both of these drivers in particular need background checking and why on earth did you order Grab's if you were so concerned about the alleged lack of background checks that you knew about when booking them?

What was Grab's reaction when you reported their "menacingly scary" facial appearances and the action of one not leaving immediately after dropping you off?

Were these two drivers the only Grab rides you have had and therefore you experienced a 100% "bad" hit rate or have you had other Grab rides that went unremarked that far outweighed your irrational dislike of the appearances of these two?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2023 at 5:50 AM, Bundooman said:

If you are a woman, you would recognise her misgivings as a woman alone in a taxi late at night.

So, fella - why not be a little more considerate, OK?

The misgivings of her not approving of the faces of two drivers, neither of whom did anything to her at all and whom she did not feel it was necessary to report to Grab on the app that makes it so easy?  Jesus...   Why not some consideration for two innocent drivers?

• Like 1