The language of the heart

Andy F

in part three of an AA publication, Bill Wilson (the co-founder of AA) wrote an article for the Grapevine magazine. He called it; "The next frontier; emotional sobriety." He was 24 years sober when he wrote it. I hope you like the blog I wrote about it ????????????

https://aaforagnostics.com/blog/the-language-of-the-heart/

image.thumb.jpeg.8cca024460885d42233f6540f9704347.jpeg

Edited by Andy F
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 6:55 AM, Andy F said:

Thanks Tropposurfer.

It would certainly seem that the Big Book Nazis cannot tolerate anyone else's reality but the exclusive one they have created for themselves ????

You know that labeling people "Nazis" who have found the true program of AA as it is outlined in the Big Book and 12 and 12 is not doing any service to the society of Alcoholics Anonymous IMHO. I would kindly ask that if anybody here is a member of AA that they do not "sling mud" at one another and stoop to name calling.

The reason? There maybe some alcoholics looking for help here who may immediately get the wrong idea about AA. We are here to help each other and not tear each other down. I have made this mistake and vow to stop it.

Further more advertising fringe opinion framed as "interpretation" about the program of AA is also quite likely doing disservice to AA as a whole and I'm quite sure goes against several traditions.

If anybody is looking for help with a drinking problem IMHO they should be given the opportunity to know the true program as it is outlined in our basic texts FIRST  rather than fringe opinion or "alternate" ways to do the program as there introduction to AA.

I admit I have crossed the line and vow to not do it ever again on this forum. I vow to make every effort to represent AA in the best possible light from my experience as a 30 year recovered alcoholic member of AA.

The message of AA I carry is not my own interpretation or reality. It is as written in our basic texts Alcoholics Anonymous (First 164 pages) and the step essays in  Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Book.

From now on I'll be posting links to my AA discussion blog that I've been posting to for about 13 years in an effort to offer the true program of AA as outlined in our texts.

I will refrain from discord, argument, name calling or the like. It is bad for me spiritually and quite frankly will erode my spiritual condition.

Negativity, judging others, arrogance, presumption are the kinds of behaviors that are opposite God's will for me.

I owe the last 30 years of my life to the 12 step program outlined in the Big Book.

From the AA.org website:

Alcoholics Anonymous, also known as the “Big Book,” presents the A.A. program for recovery from alcoholism. First published in 1939, its purpose was to show other alcoholics how the first 100 people of A.A. got sober. Now translated into over 70 languages, it is still considered A.A.’s basic text.

Edited by likerdup1