CNX-DANANG Wheelchair experience?

THAIPHUKET

For the accompanying person wheelchair travel is stressful enough. Trying to cut surprises to a minimum, what should be helpful to know?  This is our first trip to Vietnam.

E.g. Taxi & Wheelchair? For short rides: Hotel to walking street?

Accessible Hotel rooms, what to expect?

Whatever comes to your mind.

Generally the people there are friendly and helpful so I think if you need some assistance the staff at your hotel will be able to arrange things for you like transport or a back-up chair pusher.  Most likely at very reasonable costs.

Sorry I do not have specifics for Danang, it has been about 15 years since I was last there.  You might consider a day trip or even an overnight to Hoi An about an hour or an hour and a half drive from Danang.

Have a great trip. 

51 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Generally the people there are friendly and helpful so I think if you need some assistance the staff at your hotel will be able to arrange things for you like transport or a back-up chair pusher.  Most likely at very reasonable costs.

Sorry I do not have specifics for Danang, it has been about 15 years since I was last there.  You might consider a day trip or even an overnight to Hoi An about an hour or an hour and a half drive from Danang.

Have a great trip. 

I'm in a wheel chair. I used AirAsiaX CM to Sydney through KL. I booked for wheel chair assistance and I was delighted how well AirAsiaX was organised, and their positive friendly caring attitude etc.

AIrAsiaX provided the chair 'pusher' all the way. As said, all very well organized. On arrival in Sydney their team (2 pleasant focused young ladies) pushed me through passport, luggage collection etc. After passport they stopped and asked if I had any firm arrangements for a car service to meet me. 

I confirmed yes and gave the AAX girl the booking. Whilst waiting for the luggae she returned and said 'I've spoken to the driver, he's all organized, I've agreed a specific point to meet him.

Then they asked if there was someone they could call at the final destination to give them a progress report?

I responded by giving them the name / number of the 'New Residents manager of a War Vets village just Nth of Sydney. A minute later one of the AAX ladies said 'they're expecting you in about 90 minutes'.

They slowly / carefully got me into the car, checked that I was comfortable they opened a small bottle of water, then put the cap back on the bottle and put the bottle near my hand where if couldn't fall down.

Well done.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't have the same positive experience to Danang regardless of which airline (but to be honest I wouldn't expect too much from Thai International). 

Have a great trip.

Edited by scorecard