Growing Parsley In Thailand

grain

Several times I've brought packets of parsley seeds (both the flat Italian & the curly English parsley) from Australia to Thailand and attempted to grow parsley here, but nothing ever grows. Yet parsley does grow here. The other day I bought 2 big bags of beautiful dark green curly parsley in Big C at Khon Kaen. So what's the secret? What are the parsley growers who supply Big C doing that I'm not?

I have brought celery in Big C, that was imported, I would say so is parsley, I have grown parsley in the UK, like a lot of plants grown in our countries they will not grow over here, just too hot like now, or like our land in the rainy season, just to wet.

• Like 1

I have grown parsley, and other herbs from home, here from time to time. I usually start them in small pots in a protected environment (coolish area/no direct sunlight). Once the plants are hardy enough, I plant them out into a shaded parted of the garden. Too much of this sun and they simply bolt within no time at all. I live in Korat by the way. It is possible, but requires a little more effort (shaded area, shade netting, etc.). Try again and good luck. 

• Like 2

You definitely need to do some research about the correct temperatures for seeding and growing parsley. Also the temp of seed storage could be important. Just a hint for your start

• Like 1