Online Eyeglasses?

ricklev

Why online?

You need an expert to measure your eyes to know exactly which glasses you need. So why not buy glasses from an epert?

And if you don't really care about exact measurement or exact glasses just get one of those 100B or 200B versions in shopping malls? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thats a shame as I have always gotten mine from Zenni.

I used to go in for a free eye test locally and use the prescription for ordering.

What type of glasses are you looking for ?

Reading

Everyday.

Verifocal etc

This info may help others make recommendations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why online?

You need an expert to measure your eyes to know exactly which glasses you need. So why not buy glasses fonce rom an epert?

And if you don't really care about exact measurement or exact glasses just get one of those 100B or 200B versions in shopping malls? 

Once you have a prescription and measurements they are a quarter of the price of the glasses sold in Thailand  at all quality levels. Zenni was anyway. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why online?

You need an expert to measure your eyes to know exactly which glasses you need. So why not buy glasses from an epert?

I need varifocals/progressive, cheapest in Thailand 8,000bht.

Price on Zenni $63.

If you're over 60 no need for a new prescription, your eyes change very little after that age.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have had several pair from this company over a few years, but found that the coatings start to come off after a while. They actually replaced some for me after a lot of emails & photos. But basically good specs for a small price.

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why online?

Go to your local hospital for the expert eye test. They are not interested in selling you overpriced frames. Then send the prescription to the supplier of your choice be it Zenni or Vision Express in UK. If necessary send to a family address who then post on to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why online?

Why online?

The progressive lens glasses I'm wearing now as I type this cost me $90 including delivery from Zenni.   The lowest quote for the same lenses from optical dealers in Thailand I ever found was more than B15,000. 

I've been getting progressive lenses from Zenni for more than 5 years, probably more than 10 pair of glasses including reading, computer and sunglasses.  I also have a very difficult prescription.  Never a problem with any glasses from Zenni. 

This is very distressing news.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have had several pair from this company over a few years, but found that the coatings start to come off after a while. They actually replaced some for me after a lot of emails & photos. But basically good specs for a small price.

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why online?

Go to your local hospital for the expert eye test. They are not interested in selling you overpriced frames.

In my local hospital, the optometrist on measuring my wife's eyes refused to give her the prescription and insisted that she come visit her in her private shop in town to get her frames and lenses. No come - no get measurement.!

I sh#t you not. TIT  ????

• Haha 1

I need a stronger lens for my right eye - but was unable to configure this with Zenni when I ordered through them.    Have others managed to do this? Is there a work-around?   - or am I just weird?

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just logged into my Zenni account, seems to be no problem shipping to Thailand.

Added my usual item to Cart and went as far as the payment page.

My last email from them was dated 1st April 2023 (yesterday).

Why would they email me if they no longer ship to Thailand?

Please post a link to where it says they won't ship to Thailand.

That's good news.  I went to their help page and asked the help bot if they were shipping to Thailand.  Maybe it just hasn't been updated.

Are you currently shipping to Thail
At this time, we are not shipping to Thailand, however, please check back later as carriers may pause certain destinations temporarily based on the reliability of delivery.
Are you currently shipping to Thailand

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, ricklev said:

That's good news.  I went to their help page and asked the help bot if they were shipping to Thailand.  Maybe it just hasn't been updated.

At this time, we are not shipping to Thailand, however, please check back later as carriers may pause certain destinations temporarily based on the reliability of delivery.

That was during Covid 21 & 22. I have had deliveries since. And Mr ChatAI says '

Answer:

Yes, Zenni ships to Thailand. However, please keep in mind that there might be additional shipping costs involved, as well as customs and import fees that you might have to pay upon delivery. It's always best to check with Zenni's customer support or your local customs office for more information on any potential charges.

Always been $995 for delivery and never any customs charge or delay, straight to my door.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Where did you get that info from.

I disagree with it and so does the American Optometric Association!

I am over 70 and need a new prescription/pair of glasses every three years.

Senior Vision: Over 60 Years of Age | AOA

My optician in the UK, maybe Americans are different!

I've been buying the same prescription since age 55, had a couple of eye tests in Thailand, no change.

Looked at your link, it says looking for eye diseases.

From the same site ..........

https://www.aoa.org/healthy-eyes/eye-health-for-life/adult-vision-41-to-60-years-of-age?sso=y#:~:text=As you continue to age,changes should occur less frequently.

"As you continue to age, presbyopia becomes more advanced. You may notice that you need to change your eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions more frequently than you used to. Around age 60, these changes in near vision should stop, and prescription changes should occur less frequently."

2 hours ago, ricklev said:

My last delivery from Zenni was in January, this year. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, G Rex said:

I need a stronger lens for my right eye - but was unable to configure this with Zenni when I ordered through them.    Have others managed to do this? Is there a work-around?   - or am I just weird?

My left eye is much weaker than my right, totally different lens, never a problem for Zenni in my experience with them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, G Rex said:

Your eye test, be it at Top Charoen or Bkk Eye Hospital, should show the difference between your eyes and the strength of lenses needed. You simply send that prescription to Zenni, and they should make the lenses to that spec. Best to send them a scan of your prescription than deciphering the figures yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1