Music project hails “The Beautiful North” of Thailand

webfact

QGOboAKU.jpg

A music album created by” Will Robinson’s” “Isan Project”, featuring a collaboration of music and video from Thai and Western artists is released today at the Riverie Hotel in Chiang Rai. Named “The Beautiful North” is the projects second album with four years in the making. British Producer and Lyricist “Will Robinson” and his co writer “Daniel Ryan” had already penned the popular “Thailand Amazing Thailand”
on the projects first album but during a sombre period during the pandemic Will travelled around Thailand making videos to the music they had written. Collaborating with over three hundred people on “The Beautiful North”, Will says “it’s been an epic journey, a real adventure and to meet so many wonderful people and discover Thailand is a dream come true, I wanted to write lyrics about the places I visited then go back and make the video, and make the video work with the music and story we created.

zbKWWhEc.jpg

Less than two weeks ago “The Isan Project” released a new single from the album called “Amazing Thailand Dance With Me”, the song and video won the support of Ex Tourism and Sports Minister of Thailand “Senator Weerasak Kowsurat” who had previously supported two other videos of The Isan Project including “Thailand Amazing Thailand 2”. The song was performed by Disney’s “Sonna Rele” who recorded the Cinderella theme “Strong” and drums were recorded by “Erik Hargrove” from The James Brown band.

WMUPh6Vo.jpg

Thai vocalists Ronnarong Khampha and Maywerin were recorded on other tracks of the duo in Passport 91 Studios in Bangkok. Also Well wishes came from Ex Thai Ambassador to the United Kingdom “Pisanu Suvanajata” who said “I wish you will have a successful launch of your outstanding work of art to promote Thailand”.

01lTeGmk.jpg

Robinson and Ryan penned two songs about the Tham Luang rescue “Heroes of Thailand” and “Where the Eagles Fly” which was written about British Cave Hero “Vern Unsworth” and a daring video was made inside the cave featuring Vern, his caving buddy Khun Lak and his partner Khun Tik. Other tracks on the
ten song album include “The Nimman Road”, “Yellow Mountain”, “Come to Nan” and a track called “This is the Moment” a music video that started in the North of Thailand and finished with a sax solo on a yacht in Phuket. It was launched by British Consul General of Chiang Mai “Ben Svasti”, Vern Unsworth and Ex US
Consul General of Chiang Mai “Sean O’Neil” at a private dinner in Chiang Mai.

ohSjMDBU.jpg

“The Beautiful North” is seen as a great contribution to tourism has a strong list of sponsors and supporters. The album is available from all major digital stores and “The Isan Project’s” videos can be seen on their YouTube channel.

-- 2023-04-03

XfY3deEc.jpg

yRBCqo-w.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Do something about the horrendous air quality, save lives and lungs and they you can drone on and on about the beauty of the north. Until then, keep it muted. 

Maybe they could release a pollution charity version of the Police 'Every Breath You Take' ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I thought there were TWO S's in Issan.

Not the real Issan maybe that's why. His material is mostly a Regency Brandy type fantasy view of Thailand. Have a look at the latest upload, soft focus, sentimental footage with soppy western lyrics, and an Elephant of course. He ought to be working for TAT, very little to do with issan. He did do a short piece 8 years ago on morlam, since then the nearest he got to Issan appears to be covering Nana Plaza!

Edited by proton
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A genuine question:                                                                                                     Is this called "work" and therefore requires a Thai work permit to be legal? I ask because I also have been a producer for many years but keep it low key here in Thailand. Same goes I guess for writing a book; is it work? Can you get a work permit for 'Creative' work?

Here's a great music video that features BKK in an exciting way. Muangphol Hotel/ MBK even gets a starring location! Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)-Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Edited by rbkk

12 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Here's a great music video that features BKK in an exciting way. Muangphol Hotel/ MBK even gets a starring location! Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)-Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Would you make a film about New York using Thai music? probably not so why use western sound tracks on Thai locations, always seems so jarring, and lazy. Before anyone claims copy write, unless you use Grammy material thats not true.

• Confused 2