New air conditioning

Paulpan85

We always go to both Global and Big C (because they're next to each other in my town). However, have always bought from Big C with installation included. We begin with looking at the units on special offer. Mrs asks the sales assistant if they have any others on offer but not on display? Surprisingly, they always come up with more! She then haggles a further discount, then asks 'if we buy two together what else can you do for us?' She then gets a further discount. Big C seems to be the way to go for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

We always go to both Global and Big C (because they're next to each other in my town). However, have always bought from Big C with installation included. We begin with looking at the units on special offer. Mrs asks the sales assistant if they have any others on offer but not on display? Surprisingly, they always come up with more! She then haggles a further discount, then asks 'if we buy two together what else can you do for us?' She then gets a further discount. Big C seems to be the way to go for us.

I wish she could give my Mrs some lessons on haggling - she's useless!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

After terrible installation service from HomePro for a simple hot water shower, the last thing I would trust them with is an air conditioning install. Wouldn't go near a supermarket either.

I bought new inverter units here in Bangkok in 2019 and again in 2020 from a company called S.C Cooling ->https://teddyaircond.com/en Great service and professional installation. They have virtually all makes and models available. They have PM2.5 filter and WiFi controlled units if that's your thing. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

After terrible installation service from HomePro for a simple hot water shower, the last thing I would trust them with is an air conditioning install. Wouldn't go near a supermarket either.

I bought new inverter units here in Bangkok in 2019 and again in 2020 from a company called S.C Cooling ->https://teddyaircond.com/en Great service and professional installation. They have virtually all makes and models available. Hope this helps someone.

Dohome (Watsidu), many brands on display, I bought LG Twin inverter, they were good price and had free installation. ????

They were not installed by Dohome chaps... 

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

I wish she could give my Mrs some lessons on haggling - she's useless!

Price is not everything. Saving 500-1,000 Baht might give a warm (or is that a cool?) feeling but on an item that should last over 10 years, I value reliability and service more than an upfront discount. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Price is not everything. Saving 500-1,000 Baht might give a warm (or is that a cool?) feeling but on an item that should last over 10 years, I value reliability and service more than an upfront discount. YMMV.

Totally agree. Mrs rents a shop. The owner recently transplanted a 20+ year old Mitsubishi Heavy Industries unit from another of his properties into his own shop next door to ours. Performs like new. I notice that all the Chinese owned businesses seem to have this brand installed. For some reason my Mrs always insisted upon buying Samsung products but latterly we've bought dual inverter LG air conditioning units.   

• Like 1

We bought a Mitsubishi from Homepro at least 13 years ago and replaced it with another Mitsubishi but inverter this time.

18000 btu .

Saves about 50% in monthly costs and it's so much cooler.

Saying that the old Mitsubishi still worked although changed a few things over the years .

Powerbuy was where we bought it as it had a promotion on that was better than other places.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

We bought a Mitsubishi from Homepro at least 13 years ago and replaced it with another Mitsubishi but inverter this time.

18000 btu .

Saves about 50% in monthly costs and it's so much cooler.

Saying that the old Mitsubishi still worked although changed a few things over the years .

Powerbuy was where we bought it as it had a promotion on that was better than other places.

Thanks for your report. Yes, I think Mitsubishi are very good. Apparently there are two 'brands' 1) Mitsubishi and 2) Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Sounds like they are aimed at domestic and commercial use respectively. I only have experience of the one unit in our shop which is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Very quiet and powerful. As you state, advances have been made over the years so a newer unit would almost certainly cost less to run.