HP Printer

lelapin

I have just replaced the colour ink cartridge on my HP printer and it has now shown as full and ready.

image.png.65720c9b1e6dac0dabbf18563d557795.png

When I then try to print or take a copy it only prints the black part of the image

image.png.de8ff2514098a3d6e9002631f8a1bc91.png

image.png.d4776d7ae2b71a0a23180afbee5f9b03.png

It is the same if I try to take a colour copy.

Any ideas what I can try to sort out problem?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by lelapin

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Did you do the alignment and test page...?

As above...once the cartridge is installed correctly (clicked in), then a test page should be generated automatically. Once this is printed then do the alignment as outlined on the test page.

If you still have problems after this then try reinstalling, turning power off/on.

After that use their troubleshooting guide..good luck

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Best to do what I did with my HP printer years ago:

Trash the printer and vow to never buy another HP product again.

My broken HP products over the years:

- Printer

- Camera

= Laptop

My HP printer/scanner is great, but you have to learn about fixes. I refil the cartridges because they are expensive, it was a bit of a learning curve to get the thing to work after refilling, as the printer knows I've been naughty. Lots of info on Google....

35 minutes ago, transam said:

My HP printer/scanner is great, but you have to learn about fixes. I refil the cartridges because they are expensive, it was a bit of a learning curve to get the thing to work after refilling, as the printer knows I've been naughty. Lots of info on Google....

My printer worked just fine. The issue was that I bought the printer in China and brought it to Thailand. Thailand sold the same printer as well as cartridges. However the cartridges bought here in Thailand would not work in the printer from China. I did some research and found out that HP incorporated some regional settings into the design. Imagine buying a car in one providence but buying gas in other providences wouldn't allow it to run.

Trashed the HP printer, bought a Canon laser jet and have been using it since with no issues. 

I'm not the one to fiddle with refilling messy ink cartridges. 

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

My printer worked just fine. The issue was that I bought the printer in China and brought it to Thailand. Thailand sold the same printer as well as cartridges. However the cartridges bought here in Thailand would not work in the printer from China. I did some research and found out that HP incorporated some regional settings into the design. Imagine buying a car in one providence but buying gas in other providences wouldn't allow it to run.

Trashed the HP printer, bought a Canon laser jet and have been using it since with no issues. 

I'm not the one to fiddle with refilling messy ink cartridges. 

Now take that Canon to China and let me know how that goes...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2