Consumer safety/ food ingredients/ important food info

samuttodd

Sounds like The Beef and Pork industry in the US is now treating products with MRNA technology.   Most states do not have regulations yet stipulating that notifications of these mrna products are required which is a concern for some about what they ingest.

Does Thailand have any sort of consumer warnings or consumer notifications to alert buyers of products which may have been subjected to mrna "tweaking"

does anyone know for certain?  

I just want to eat regular pork and beef minus the genetic trickery

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

genetic trickery

1. mRNA vaccines do not involve any "genetic trickery" (altering of genes) whether the recipient is humans or animals.

2. you appear to be repeating an already debunked claim relating to the U.S. food supply that originated with a well-known vaccine misinformation purveyor...

See the following:

The claim: mRNA vaccines are in the food supply

Our rating: False

"There is no evidence the human food supply contains mRNA vaccines. While livestock are occasionally vaccinated with mRNA vaccines, no milk or meat is harvested from the animals until the vaccines have been metabolized. Experts say there is little to no possibility of the mRNA vaccine entering the food supply through livestock."

Lehenbauer told USA TODAY in an email that due to federal guidelines, neither meat nor milk can be harvested from animals receiving any kind of vaccines until several weeks after their shots, giving the animals time to fully metabolize the vaccines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/02/15/fact-check-false-claim-mrna-vaccines-food-supply/11218991002/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

And further from AFP (Agence France-Presse):

Published on Friday 27 January 2023

mRNA vaccine cannot transfer through meat consumption

"Articles and social media posts claim people can inadvertently receive messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines by eating meat from inoculated farm animals. This is false; experts say that is not how mRNA vaccines work, and there are no such shots approved for livestock in the US."

"There is no scientific basis for the claim that if someone was to consume meat or other tissues from an animal that had been vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine, it would enter their body," Timothy Mahony, a professorial research fellow at the Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation's Centre for Animal Science in Australia, told AFP on January 25."

"The mRNA in mRNA Covid-19 vaccines is broken down by the body within a few hours of vaccination," the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told AFP in a January 23 statement. "If mRNA Covid-19 vaccines are given to livestock animals, they would not be present in animal products at the time of consumption."

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.337U7PW

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Farmers have been interbreeding animals for centuries to improve their meat yield, and vegetables as well. Get used to it.

I don't trust Bill Gates as a farmer for my food.   I think he is a twit.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I don't trust Bill Gates as a farmer for my food.   I think he is a twit.

Obviously you do not know that Bill Gates started Microsoft & Windows for computers, and is NOT a farmer. He may be, in your opinion, a twit, but a very wealthy one.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. mRNA vaccines do not involve any "genetic trickery" (altering of genes) whether the recipient is humans or animals.

2. you appear to be repeating an already debunked claim relating to the U.S. food supply that originated with a well-known vaccine misinformation purveyor...

See the following:

The claim: mRNA vaccines are in the food supply

Our rating: False

"There is no evidence the human food supply contains mRNA vaccines. While livestock are occasionally vaccinated with mRNA vaccines, no milk or meat is harvested from the animals until the vaccines have been metabolized. Experts say there is little to no possibility of the mRNA vaccine entering the food supply through livestock."

Lehenbauer told USA TODAY in an email that due to federal guidelines, neither meat nor milk can be harvested from animals receiving any kind of vaccines until several weeks after their shots, giving the animals time to fully metabolize the vaccines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/02/15/fact-check-false-claim-mrna-vaccines-food-supply/11218991002/

Your information is incorrect and needs updating.   Livestock (pigs and cattle) are being treated with mrna gene therapy in the US  and elsewhere regardless of what your fact checkers say.   They are flat out wrong.

Edited by samuttodd