Silom Road Not Being Closed For Songkran Festival This Year

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

WITH Songkran festival kicking off next Thursday (Apr. 13) revellers might be disappointed to hear that Silom road will not be close this year for them to gather there for a splashing good time but they can still enjoy themselves on the sidewalks and the alleys leading off this key artery of the metropolis, Naewna newspaper said this afternoon.

Bang Rak district said while Silom road will not be closed, their officials and the police will be on hand to take care of revellers and tourists who gather on the sidewalks and alleys to participate in this festival.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/04/09/silom-road-not-being-closed-for-songkran-festival-this-year/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-04-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bang Rak district said while Silom road will not be closed, their officials and the police will be on hand to take care of revellers and tourists who gather on the sidewalks and alleys to participate in this festival

Sounds like a mess already.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Seeing as there are virtually no footpaths along road…..my guess is that Silom Rd will be shut down!

Yeah this is a train wreck about to happen.  Bottom line is that anyone that wants to drive in the Surawongse Silom area is NUTS

• Like 1

I live nearby (Sathorn - suanplu area).

I did the Silom thing at Songkran around 3 or 4 times. I don't recommend it.

No fun at all unless you just like being squashed in a crowd, moving a 1/10 mile per hour :). 

People who took the BTS just froze into place, couldn't move back or forth. Just staring down to the mass below.

Better off having fun in the  less crowded streets and neighborhoods, which is real good fun and no hassle.

Up to you as they say.

Cheers

• Like 1