Ministry Of Social Development And Human Security Launches Thai Families Against Narcotics Project

Jai Dee

Ministry of Social Development and Human Security launches Thai Families against Narcotics project

The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security has launched the Thai Families against Narcotics project in risky communities in 24 provinces.

The Director-General of the Office of Women's Affairs and Family Development, Mr. Suwit Khantharote, says the project is being initiated in 24 provinces such as Kanchanaburi, Suphan Buri, Chon Buri, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima and Ubon Ratchathani as narcotics have apparently spread in these areas through various subtle means. As a result, the spread of narcotics in Thailand has accelerated, causing a higher number of drug abusers, and many of them are young people.

The project will encourage families to protect themselves from the dangers of narcotics. Families will learn the dangers of illegal drugs and ways to prevent them from affecting their lives. The project will stress on family values and unity.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 05 July 2007

Ministry of Social Development and Human Security launches Thai Families against Narcotics project

The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security has launched the Thai Families against Narcotics project in risky communities in 24 provinces.

The Director-General of the Office of Women's Affairs and Family Development, Mr. Suwit Khantharote, says the project is being initiated in 24 provinces such as Kanchanaburi, Suphan Buri, Chon Buri, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima and Ubon Ratchathani as narcotics have apparently spread in these areas through various subtle means. As a result, the spread of narcotics in Thailand has accelerated, causing a higher number of drug abusers, and many of them are young people.

The project will encourage families to protect themselves from the dangers of narcotics. Families will learn the dangers of illegal drugs and ways to prevent them from affecting their lives. The project will stress on family values and unity.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 05 July 2007

:D Since WHEN has narcotics spread out....? Last year.....last 6 months ?

I thought that narcotics (use of) was halted and/or declined during the Thaksin era?

Am I correct to assume that narcotics has spread out since the CNS took over ?

LaoPo :o

Drugs killing future generations.

The days of using experimenting drugs and then get on with reality(normal life) are over.(60's)

Drugs now a days are effecting the mind more then the body.(except heroine offcourse)

young people turn away from morals and values before they even experience morals and values.

drugs undermine's our sociaty too function.

Drugs are anti-social

where I come from at least i learned a valuble lesson in life.

You CANT deal with anti -socials in a social manor.

the same goes for drugdealers and drugpushers.

Hi LaoPo, Thaksin's era had a lot of people shot over narcotics but it didn't halt the use of them. Let's hope the Ministry of Social Dev. does a better job and in a more humanitarian fashion!

post-28792-1183671964.jpg

Hi LaoPo, Thaksin's era had a lot of people shot over narcotics but it didn't halt the use of them. Let's hope the Ministry of Social Dev. does a better job and in a more humanitarian fashion!

Hi Seonai; good to hear from you!

I know about the killings but the article said "he spread of narcotics in Thailand has accelerated" and my questions were based upon that remark; not the 'halt' of use of narcotics.

I know that what I'm about to say will be controversial....

I am against the dead penalty -generally spoken- and also against the killings during the Thaksin era (drugs-suspects/traders/dealers and such).

The big question remains:

What's better......kill the drugs criminals or put them in prison (which doesn't help, in the end) or let them kill our children and grandchildren AFTER they get out again...?

Putting criminals in jail -worldwide- don't make them better people; instead they build a network with other criminals and once out, they start over again.

I saw a Television interview with a Dutch guy who spent almost 10 years in a Thai prison (discussed here on TV).

He said that during the Thaksin era, drugs were absolutely impossible to get....IN JAIL !

Before the Thaksin era, so he said, it was more easy to get hold of drugs than a simple bottle of water, food or a piece of soap.

Difficult and very controversial.

LaoPo