Health check (blood testing)

zenobit

I want to have my next health check in May. This year I don't want to do it in a hospital, but directly in one of the labs in Pattaya.

When searching for medical laboratories I came across two addresses:

1. Clinic Lifecare Laboratory Pattaya

2. Pattaya Clinic Laboratory

Has anyone had any experience of blood testing at any of these labs (or any) in Pattaya? I'm grateful for any helpful information. ????

27 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Just had my done did not pay a single cent but I live in the nanny state as you say and I get my done every year 

Just had mine done during my latest hospital stay.... For free (as well as the surgery and the 1 day ICU followed by 6 day private room).

If Iam not or going to the hospital though (45min drive each way) I use CCS Medical LAB.

https://ccsmedicallab.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

with my high cholesterol diet, they will flag me down for statins.

so i like keep a low profile and avoid these tests for now.

that's how i roll. 

What high cholesterol diet? The lab will just give your numbers and "normal" ranges--by email. A summary note will appear in the Remarks at the end of each section. You may, however, on your own authority, extend the ranges to redefine any of your abnormal numbers as "normal." That's because of feeling good

Nothing will be said about statins or any other meds. You have no profile, low or high. That's how they roll.

Edited by BigStar
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

A full blood test you would pay no more B700.

That's not a full blood test.

Moreover, Lifecare will charge extra for tests not included in the packages if you select them, such as the all-important PSA, or T.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

That's not a full blood test.

Moreover, Lifecare will charge extra for tests not included in the packages if you select them, such as the all-important PSA, or T.

Yeah inc the PSA (not heard of a T test) ramps the price from a basic blood test.

Bt4800 from the Lab I linked earlier gets you the following, ive no idea if that is ok price or not.

Blood pressure
Blood sugar
Cholesterol
Triglyceride
HDL-cholesterol
LDL-cholesterol
Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
Serum Creatinine
Uric acid
Liver Function Test (Protein,ALB,GLOB,T-Bilirubin,D-Bilirubin,AST,ALT,ALP)
Gamma GT
AFP (Liver cancer screening)
CEA (Colon cancer screening)
PSA (Prostate cancer screening)   
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Urine Examination
Thyroid Function Test (FreeT3,Free4,TSH))

Edited by Ralf001

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah inc the PSA (not heard of a T test) ramps the price from a basic blood test.

Bt4800 from the Lab I linked earlier gets you the following, ive no idea if that is ok price or not.

Blood pressure
Blood sugar
Cholesterol
Triglyceride
HDL-cholesterol
LDL-cholesterol
Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
Serum Creatinine
Uric acid
Liver Function Test (Protein,ALB,GLOB,T-Bilirubin,D-Bilirubin,AST,ALT,ALP)
Gamma GT
AFP (Liver cancer screening)
CEA (Colon cancer screening)
PSA (Prostate cancer screening)   
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Urine Examination
Thyroid Function Test (FreeT3,Free4,TSH))

Cf. #5: http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?cid=1209618

'T' = testosterone

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

with my high cholesterol diet, they will flag me down for statins.

so i like keep a low profile and avoid these tests for now.

that's how i roll. 

i did the usual tests before changing diet, I wanted to see the effect on the results. High cholesterol diet doesn't sound good

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, MJCM said:

Another one for LifeCare Lab. Very professional and quick with the results in a very detailed report which you receive (optional at no extra costs) via Email.

Done lots of testing there recently and saved approx 3k vs testing at the Hospital.

Do they have branches or affiliates in BKK region?

5 minutes ago, watthong said:

Do they have branches or affiliates in BKK region?

Not Life care but there are a number of other sources for labs in Bangkok.

https://www.brianet.com/en/blood-test/

Lad Prao area

https://pathlab.co.th/

(several locations. Warning, the one on Silom not very skilled in blood draws, at least not when I went there recently)

https://rsuhealth.com/rsu-medical-center/

Sukhumvit around Soi 31-33. (Website lists only packages but you can request stand alone tests and, in the past, I have been able to get very unusual tests done through them)

https://www.medconsultasia.com/health-check-ups/

Sukhumvit Soi 49 inside the Racquet Club. Do not try to order or book online. Call, email or contact via LINE app.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, watthong said:

Thanks SheryL for the recommendations. Which one seems to you the best? The reason I was interested in Lifecare was because of many folks have voiced the same positive review.

I have had good experience with both Bria and RSU. And with Medconsult. The latter two send the samples out. I know that Medconsult uses an ISO certified lab to send to. All will send results by email.

Only went to Pathlab once, very bad experience re the blood draw itself (inept staff) but that may be specific to the branch and maybe even who was on duty that day. Others use them without complaint that I have heard.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I know that Medconsult uses an ISO certified lab to send to. All will send results by email.

I had a good experience with MedConsult a few weeks ago, blood draw in the morning, results emailed about 6 hours later. Worth checking their Facebook page etc for offers, mine was about half the usual price.