Rezum steam treatment for BPH at Bumrungrad - any board members undergo?

likerdup1

i had it done in February  this year at Bangkok Pattaya hospital @  200,000b.. i know many guys have it done for many reasons,  mostly excessive urinating through the night,  me too,, my main reason  was   too many UTI'S in 1 year  and now  most Antibiotics  dont work, since the operation   the Urologist tells me i will not get anymore UTI'S,  i'm now waiting to see if that is so,   Re;   urinating thru the night, that still happens,  but 50% less.. I seem to have problems now that i did'nt have before the operation, like slight incontinence, and  an urge to  often urinate  thru the day, so i'm not impressed  so far, but i understand  it can take up to 1 year to resolve all the problems

I too had a problem with excess night urinations until i saw my urologist and to check the PSA that turned to be normal so he prescribed me  Nocdurna 50 mcg (Desompressin, sublingual wafers) that seems to help but then i have found that saying away from caffeine drinks like Pepsi and cola style beverages has worked wonders and a significant drop in the night trips to the bathroom.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

i had it done in February  this year at Bangkok Pattaya hospital @  200,000b.. i know many guys have it done for many reasons,  mostly excessive urinating through the night,  me too,, my main reason  was   too many UTI'S in 1 year  and now  most Antibiotics  dont work, since the operation   the Urologist tells me i will not get anymore UTI'S,  i'm now waiting to see if that is so,   Re;   urinating thru the night, that still happens,  but 50% less.. I seem to have problems now that i did'nt have before the operation, like slight incontinence, and  an urge to  often urinate  thru the day, so i'm not impressed  so far, but i understand  it can take up to 1 year to resolve all the problems

Thank you, I appreciate the details. Just want to confirm. You had a Rezum treatment NOT TURP correct? Rezum steam therapy? Sorry that you are experiencing the slight incontinence. Seems TURP has similar and even worse possible side including ED.

Hopefully the therapy you had will resolve all the problems. I am also experiencing nocturia and had been for quite a number of years but not it's getting to be a real problem. 4 times a night etc. No caffeine or alcohol also.

you may find the above thread helpful. That member had it done at BNH which was the first place in Thailand to offer it. 

as it is quite new here be sure to adk about number of procedures the doctor has done. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

you may find the above thread helpful. That member had it done at BNH which was the first place in Thailand to offer it. 

as it is quite new here be sure to adk about number of procedures the doctor has done. 

Thank you Cheryl, I see at Bumrungrad it was advertised starting around March 2021

19 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Thank you, I appreciate the details. Just want to confirm. You had a Rezum treatment NOT TURP correct? Rezum steam therapy? Sorry that you are experiencing the slight incontinence. Seems TURP has similar and even worse possible side including ED.

Hopefully the therapy you had will resolve all the problems. I am also experiencing nocturia and had been for quite a number of years but not it's getting to be a real problem. 4 times a night etc. No caffeine or alcohol also.

Yes, I had the Rezum steam  treatment with General Anesthetic,  many outside Thailand have had local Anesthetic,  my research  showed only 3 hospitals  in Thailand provide Rezum, the operation lasted approx.. 20 minutes, then 2 or 3 hours in the recovery room, if all's well you  go home  later with a bag attached... Rezum  with me has produced ED too... in my case could be age related at 76.. lol ... I had been delaying this treatment for 2 + years, it does'nt get any better, only worse, waking 6 & 7 times per night with or without a beer or coffee,  but now 50% less as i mentioned  in my last post...presumably you are on medication and   under a Urologist,  good luck,  hope u get better results than i have ......so far

Edited by actonion