How good is Benchakitti Park swimming pool?

Goodboybkk

8 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I'm not aware of any pool at Benjakitti, but there are pools at Benjasiri and Lumpini parks. 

there's a blxxdy big lake  in Benjakitti, but it has never been open for swimming, fortunately as the water quality is so bad it kills most of the fish.

I can remember when there was a restaurant/bar on the west bank, and we got very told off for taking a dip - that must have been about 2001.

• Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chubby said:

try the one at national stadium and report back? benjasiri, was a short pool iirc, and required various documents

Was a member at National Stadium some years ago and the water quality then varied between average and atrocious.

The pool at Pathumwan Princess Olympic Gym, with day pass @about 600b and monthly off peak @ about 100b/day was my favourite VIP treat. 

There are two covered  pools at Huamark Sports Centre, the general one at about 20b, had a lot of pigeon droppings in the water. 

The indoor one @ about 50b was pristine but only available at selective but workable times.

Some old info here.

In the Swim | BK Magazine Online (asia-city.com)

Edited by LosLobo

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... ‘how good’ ??...  how good at what, being wet ?

Your question needs context...  what are you planning on doing?, cooling down with a dip, or doing lengths for exercise?

What do you need to know?

Ease of access? needs membership? entry costs?has schedules for length (lap) swimming? 

Water clarity? Chlorine / salt water pool? parking? 

If you just want, it´s very easy to understand. Most probable a question regarding how clean and nice the pool is.