Car color

I have a black car, wouldn't buy another. They look great when brand new and shiny, however they don't hide scratches very well, show the dirt.

I dont feel it gets any hotter than my other car (blue)

• Thanks 1

Sorry state of buying a new popular affordable care in Thailand these days; colour choices black, white, red and maybe silver?  What happen to the blues and greens and yellows etc., have they been forbidden by the junta?

What is wrong with the colour sense of Honda, Toyota, Mazda, etc in Thailand?

• Like 1

Silver and light bronze don't show the dirt. Red is the worst choice as it is degraded by sunlight more than any other color.

Lovers of black should check out what a Stefan-Boltzmann constant or albedo mean.

I understand a black vehicle in Thailand denotes someone belonging to the professional class, such as a doctor. A bit comical to see a black Nissan Micra, if that is the case.

Silver is the worst colour to match if you have a prang, unless you find an expert painter, which is hard...........

I just spent 2 days sitting at a table being supplied wiv free beer whilst the rest were doing daft stuff with water.

I watched zillions of cars go by with the sun on them, the silver repaired rides were easily spotted..........????

Oh, and a couple of white ones too....

Edited by transam

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Silver is the worst colour to match if you have a prang, unless you find an expert painter, which is hard...........

I just spent 2 days sitting at a table being supplied wiv free beer whilst the rest were doing daft stuff with water.

I watched zillions of cars go by with the sun on them, the silver repaired rides were easily spotted..........????

Oh, and a couple of white ones too....

In Sukhothai we have an expert silver paintwork matcher. ????

I think the days are long gone with today's mixer machine advances of not being able to match car/truck colour codes with aging colour matched in. 

• Thanks 1

I can remember back in the day when you could get a variety of different colors back when I started driving in the 1960s.. 
All you seem to be able to get nowadays is technocrat white, black, or grey.  Global corporatism bringing you the dullest and dreariest existent that the plebs could ask for.

We're gone full circle.

"You can have it in any color you want, as long as it is black."
--Henry Ford

• Thumbs Up 1

IMHO,

Black or silver, gold cars cars get hotter than white cars.

Black or silver, gold cars need more washing and more attention than white cars.

Black or silver, gold cars tend to blend in with road colour etc, contrasting white is a safer colour.

Obviously white is more functional and as it is popular it also brings a better resale value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1