TM6 for TM30

hi all

the last few times I have been to Thailand no TM6 has been needed at the arrival process. The TM30 online notification has a box for the TM6 number. Is that box left blank or even though not required I still need to find one of those blue and white forms for the purpose of the TM30?

thanks 

I have found that the box needed to be completed or the page wouldn't submit.

The required format is LetterLetterNumberNumberNumberNumberNumber (LLNNNNN) and any valid combination works.

I think I used AA99999 or something like that.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, the above post is correct.

I believe that "glitch" in TM6 dummy entry outlined above has been fixed and can be left blank..

BTW any other form that has TM6 field you now can leave blank. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another quirk of Thailand's e-Goverment.

But they're slowly making progress. Next, they should find a way for immigration officials to look up the details of the TM.30 notification made for a foreigner's arrival on their database so that they don't have to ask the foreigner to bring a printed copy every time they need confirmation that the notification has been made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Another quirk of Thailand's e-Goverment.

But they're slowly making progress. Next, they should find a way for immigration officials to look up the details of the TM.30 notification made for a foreigner's arrival on their database so that they don't have to ask the foreigner to bring a printed copy every time they need confirmation that the notification has been made.

JUST LIKE WHY need C of R for driving licence when ones address is on the back of licence....well it is on mine.....in thai!!!!

15 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

JUST LIKE WHY need C of R for driving licence when ones address is on the back of licence....well it is on mine.....in thai!!!!

Think I will call and raise you one.

In Bangkok for TDL they want a certificate of residence.

And what is required to obtain that is TM47 receipt.

The reasoning being that you need proof of current address to obtain proof of address.

This stuff belongs in "Yes Minister" 

UK comedy series. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blackshadow said:

Yes indeed absolutely ridiculous that they don't believe their own proof

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 7:25 AM, Tod Daniels said:

okay you got some good (people saying the field can be left blank) and some not so good (people saying put a b/s series of 2 letters/5numbers in the field)

BOTH the mobile Section 38 app (for android or iPhone) and the online web portal DO NOT require a TM6 arrival departure card number be entered to save the data.

Most of the time people get an error on the webportal when trying to save the data it's because they're using Chrome/Safari with auto fill, auto translate or pop up blocker activated, that triggers an error prompt when you press the floppy disc icon to save the data
Here's TWO TM30's (mobile app and web portal) I filed for "crocodile Dundee" without a TM6 arrival departure card ????

DO NOT just make up a b/s series of letters/numbers

Tod, do you know how BKK Immigration is handling the absence/lack of a current TM6 card these days when processing retirement extension applications?

The current version of the TM7 form for retirement extensions that I just downloaded from the Immigration website still has a TM6 # field on it.

And of course, providing a copy of one's latest TM6 card was a longstanding part of their extension application paperwork requirements.

So now what, in the absence of a TM6?

49 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The current version of the TM7 form for retirement extensions that I just downloaded from the Immigration website still has a TM6 # field on it.

It's not required.

Even the online TM47 does not even have a field for it. 

• Thanks 1