Classic Cannabis: Legends Never Die

image.jpeg

If your memory isn’t too hazy, let’s enter a blast from the past to a time when even weed was beautiful and a lot less complicated.

The cannabis veterans among us – and perhaps the young connoisseurs too – will remember the classics of the 20th Century. Strains brought out during the 60s – 90s, a golden age of weed devoid of today’s over-engineering or technical babble that pervades modern dispensaries and smoky living rooms alike.
The classic cannabis flowers of yester-millennium were something special, and they are back right here at Prikpot. We’ve revived these strains with careful attention to detail, maintaining the characteristics that made them legendary.

The PrikPot Classics line up at the time of writing:

-    Acapulco Gold (22% THC) | A sativa-leaning hybrid from the 60s that was so good Cheech and Chong sang songs about it.

-    Afghan Kush (21% THC) | Hitting the scene in the 70s after emerging from Afghanistan’s Kush Mountains, this Indica strain was popular with pretty much everyone.

-    Bubba Kush (20% THC) | If the 90s were your decade, Bubba Kush was there with you.
An Indica that felt right at home in your living room after a long day.

-    Colombian Gold (20% THC) | Not to be outdone by other countries, Colombia produced one of the most legendary Sativas of the era, ideal for an energetic high.

-    Mazar (20% THC) | Another legendary Afghan Indica, this time from the 80s, that was great to grow AND wonderful to smoke.

-    Northern Lights (18% THC) | A cross of Afghani and Thai strains, NL came out in the 80s and embraced us all with its relaxing effects and one of the coolest names ever.

-    White Widow (20% THC) | Famous for its powerful burst of euphoria and energy, this 90s strain from the Netherlands went worldwide in a hurry.

The complete PrikPot Classics line up can be found here:
https://prikpot.com/product-category/flowers/classic-flowers/?tap_a=114340-911ad0&tap_s=2 932157-79232a

To celebrate the good old days, we also launched our PrikPot Classics Pack that will give you 2 grams/strain of 5 select classic and iconic flowers. That’s a whopping 10 grams for just 2,495 baht. This is a 50% discount for a time machine that is into cannabis’ past.

Find the PrikPot Classics Pack here:
https://prikpot.com/product/prikpot-classics-10gr-bundle-5-flowers/?tap_a=114340-911ad0&t ap_s=2932157-79232a

image.jpeg

Your satisfaction is guaranteed through Prikpot’s discerning processes and high standards, offering cannabis that is:

-    100% organic
-    Produced by experienced local artisan growers
-    Stored and handled with professional care
-    Shipped for free all over Thailand with same-day dispatch if ordered before 1:00pm Mon-Sat
-    Attentive and personal customer service and support
-    1-hour delivery for customers in metropolitan Chiang Mai (Mon-Sat)

Transport yourself to those groovy days by clicking here:
https://prikpot.com/product/prikpot-classics-10gr-bundle-5-flowers/?tap_a=114340-911ad0&t ap_s=2932157-79232a

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-04-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Geez... I started toking in the very early 80's and weed did not have any names. It was grown in some farmers corn field hidden from prying eyes for the most part fertilized by pig poop. I declare... bring back pig poop corn field kush!!!

Just country origin ... Columbian & Jamaican ... late 60s

Thai Sticks ... if you had a friend in TH 

7 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I thought "Thai Sticks" was heroin.

The original version, was ganga dipped in opium.  A friend stationed here used to send us a package every other month.   Vacuum packed and opened like a canned ham ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It was sixteen (UK) pounds an ounce back in 1973. Mostly hash (Morrocan) but the occasional Afghani Black and once in a while a Thai Stick. Fifty years ago now. And they say cannabis is bad for your memory!

It was sixteen pounds an ounce...oops sorry forgot I just said that.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Now it’s all about the terps

with the advancements in knowledge and science the industry is realizing that there is so much more to terps than we first thought. in fact they are a big part of the high and not just the THC content. 

15 hours ago, stoner said:

with the advancements in knowledge and science the industry is realizing that there is so much more to terps than we first thought. in fact they are a big part of the high and not just the THC content. 

I agree but I still like to take the piss out my boy over it . Give me that please ????. I just landed last night in LA. He had some delicious weed, Rainbow belts I think it was . Tasted really nice tbh. ????

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 7:10 PM, stoner said:

Totally agree. I'd never even heard of terps until recently, but it definitely makes a difference. As much nostalgia as there is for pig poop weed, I think the modern advancements in knowledge and growing techniques are a good thing. 

On 5/1/2023 at 3:32 AM, nglodnig said:

It was sixteen (UK) pounds an ounce back in 1973. Mostly hash (Morrocan) but the occasional Afghani Black and once in a while a Thai Stick. Fifty years ago now. And they say cannabis is bad for your memory!

It was sixteen pounds an ounce...oops sorry forgot I just said that.

You were over charged, mate. I paid 12 pounds an ounce in 73. Red Leb, Acapulco Gold, <deleted> Black, Thai Stick, various Jamaican strains, available from our local "ethnic" dealer! Used to chop it up into 18 "quid deals". Happy daze...

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:11 AM, nglodnig said:

Maybe that was the price in big city London but up in the boondocks in Yorkshire that was what we were paying

That was the price in Middlesbrough, which as far as I'm concerned, is still part of Yorkshire.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

That was the price in Middlesbrough, which as far as I'm concerned, is still part of Yorkshire.

REALLY? I looked at Teeside Poly but decided I didn't want to leave Yorkshire so went to Sheffield Poly instead (Leeds Poly looked NAFF).

What with Sheffield Uni we had great bands there - Talking Heads, Dire Straits, Lindisfarne, The Kinks, Nick Lowe, many many more that I can't remember now (probably due to the recreational substances I had taken). Was I geographically incorrect?

Edited by nglodnig
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The images are most probably fakes.... probably from some nostalgic production from the period.  The truth is, most of us were wearing elaborate costumes.  For guys, the hair was often more than enough for identity, and ostracism by "society". If I'm honest, bell bottoms and a blue double-pocketed work shirt with an Army jacket was my typical uniform from about '67 - 73/74 (when Nixon got the boot).  After that, the look became entirely co-opted, assimilated, and ultimately replaced by the first disco boom in the late 70's (Saturday Night Fever) era.

The hippie revival didn't really start until post-Reagan era. when anything in the past looked better than the cultural void of the 80's.

This is much more what we usually looked like, day to day.

1,616 American Hippies 1960s Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images -  Getty Images

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2023 at 3:24 AM, nglodnig said:

REALLY? I looked at Teeside Poly but decided I didn't want to leave Yorkshire so went to Sheffield Poly instead (Leeds Poly looked NAFF).

What with Sheffield Uni we had great bands there - Talking Heads, Dire Straits, Lindisfarne, The Kinks, Nick Lowe, many many more that I can't remember now (probably due to the recreational substances I had taken). Was I geographically incorrect?

if you're revisiting the past, remember using a Coke can as a bong?

• 1 month later...

Thai stick cannabis from the 1970s and 1980s was a sativa-dominant strain characterized by its distinctive qualities. The buds were tied to a stick with hemp twine and often contained seeds. With average THC levels ranging from 2% to 8%, it was considered high-quality for its unique flavor and effects. The coloration of the buds varied, including brownish or greenish hues with orange or red hairs, and sometimes featuring darker tones like deep greens or purples. This strain remains a nostalgic and historical part of cannabis culture from that era.

Thai stick was generally considered to be more potent than the lower-quality "brick weed" that was prevalent in the early 1980s. The careful cultivation and preparation of Thai stick, along with its origin in strains from Thailand, often resulted in higher THC content and better overall quality compared to the more common low-grade cannabis available during that time. However, the potency of Thai stick would still not match some of the highly potent strains available today. It was, nonetheless, one of the higher-quality options during its popularity in the 1970s and early 1980s.

The name "Thai Stick" comes from the strain's origin in Thailand and the unique method of preparation. The cannabis buds were traditionally tied to a stick using red hemp twine, creating a distinctive appearance. This method of tying the buds to a stick served both practical and cultural purposes, as it allowed for drying and curing while also providing a convenient way to transport and handle the cannabis. 

The best blow sold in UK in 70s was Afghan  black squidgy  , followed by soft red Leb (lebanon) and then the  solid Rocky  (morocco) all sold in pressed blocks all did the job but  unfortunately with a little bit of sweet  golden virginia tobacco  all supplanted by genetic grass and weed  which I just dont like as they are too harsh to smoke .

Edited by liddelljohn