Colostomy

Badrabbit

This is not a procedure done for "symptoms". It is done for serious, documented bowel pathology (usually cancer) when the location of the lesions is such that it is not possible to do an immediate re-anastamosis after resection.

May be temporary or permanent.

Are you sure you mean colostomy? not colectomy, or colonoscopy?

• Like 2

Blocked intestine due to tumor blocking the sigmoid colon.

You say symptoms - is someone saying you need it done based on symptoms?

As Sheryl says, are you sure you don't mean colectomy, or colonoscopy?

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

Im just asking as I've had Abdominal pain for over 15 months, 1 Hospital says I have Kidney stones another Hospital says I have not, this Hospital also says I could have acute Constipation, my sister had the Colostomy many years ago but I don't know why.

2 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Im just asking as I've had Abdominal pain for over 15 months, 1 Hospital says I have Kidney stones another Hospital says I have not, this Hospital also says I could have acute Constipation, my sister had the Colostomy many years ago but I don't know why.

If I were you, I would get on a plane and got back to wherever you came from and get a second opinion. This exact thing happened to a friend of mine and they told him he had cancer and needed a colostomy. He went home and they treated him. A colonoscopy; and resected a couple of polyps. It is difficult to understand that a doctor here could advise a patient to have such radical surgery for no reason at all, simply to enrich the doctor or hospital.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

If I were you, I would get on a plane and got back to wherever you came from and get a second opinion. This exact thing happened to a friend of mine and they told him he had cancer and needed a colostomy. He went home and they treated him. A colonoscopy; and resected a couple of polyps. It is difficult to understand that a doctor here could advise a patient to have such radical surgery for no reason at all, simply to enrich the doctor or hospital.

If the terrible truth be told, this was always a fear in the back of my mind and might have led to me putting off a colonoscopy that could have saved me a lot of problems. I would have sought a second opinion if surgery had been suggested - particularly in a private hospital. There was little doubt as to the need for surgery when symptoms of blockage appeared.

I had a colostomy bag after a life saving op in Lana Hospital, Chiang Mai after diverticultis and a septic leak. This was fitted for 9 months to allow my colon to heal naturally. I was on holiday here with my girlfriend, now wife, and had the removal done in UK before moving here permanently.  

• Like 2

If you have health insurance, I would go private and see a doctor which I did last week with pain in lower right abdomen. He checked me admitted me, then I had an X-Ray, a CT scan and ECG. Next morning after loads of laxitives, to clean me right out, I had a camera down the throat into my upper intestine then asleep, thank heavens. a colonoscopy. So I was checked throughout the gut with just a small ulcer in the stomach and 2 polyps in the lower intestine. Biopsies were taken and I get the results on a check up next week. Cost to insurance was 82000 THB. Hope this info helps. 

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

No doctor will perform a colistomy undrr these circumstances. Your sister likely had cancer. 

Have you had a colonoscopy?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

No doctor will perform a colistomy undrr these circumstances. Your sister likely had cancer. 

Have you had a colonoscopy?

My Sister has Ovarian Cancer, she contacted me to show the letter from the Hospital saying that Siblings have a 50% chance of having the BRca2 Varient and they should get screened, could this be something to do with my Abdominal pain.

My Sister has had an Ileostomy.

Edited by Badrabbit