Toyota Corolla Cross sport(Benzin model not hybrid)

Hi does anyone drives a Toyota CC sport?Is it any good.From the specs it makes me thinking it is underpowered.

I saw the US models have much more horsepower and a 2.0 motor.I don't care the highspeed or how fast it goes

from 0-60mph(0-100kmh),under 10 seconds would be fine, but care about enough power if I have to pass others

40-70mph,60-80mph(60-110kmh90-130kmh.I'm driving an older 2010CRV at the moment and it has enough power.

I'm also interested in a Mazda cx 30 but most of my thai friends suggest I stay with Honda or maybe get a Toyota

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

The 1.8 is ok. Toyota have not offered a 2.0 in a Corolla in a long time. Shame. We have had 2. Nice motor

I saw in the US they sell it with 2.0 motor I  would like that much better

6 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I saw in the US they sell it with 2.0 motor I  would like that much better

Whats your budget? The new crv hybrid rs as a 2wd seems good value to me. I have a diesel crv, but won't be selling it for the new one. The honda hr-v and mzda cx-30 get you about 10 sec 0-100. The 1.8 cross is not that far behind to be honest. Its mainly the new ev's and some hybrids that give good acceleration. The toyota hybrids seem to emphasise fuel economy more. 

image.png.4c7711527e2cbc421d87b410543c5412.png

On 4/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, DavisH said:

Whats your budget? The new crv hybrid rs as a 2wd seems good value to me. I have a diesel crv, but won't be selling it for the new one. The honda hr-v and mzda cx-30 get you about 10 sec 0-100. The 1.8 cross is not that far behind to be honest. Its mainly the new ev's and some hybrids that give good acceleration. The toyota hybrids seem to emphasise fuel economy more. 

image.png.4c7711527e2cbc421d87b410543c5412.png

Budget about 1mio and well 1.5 liter is far to small for such a big car.I was test driving it,now my crv has 2.4 liter hmm nice driving but in the city 7KM for 1 liter is just to much,Hybrid or EV I think I don't need .I don't see the point of an EV or hybrid

• Sad 1

On 5/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Budget about 1mio and well 1.5 liter is far to small for such a big car.

CC don't matter, what matters is the power.

According to Google the Corolla Cross sport in the non-hybrid version has 140hp at 1325kg, I don't think that's under powered.

On 5/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Budget about 1mio and well 1.5 liter is far to small for such a big car.I was test driving it,now my crv has 2.4 liter hmm nice driving but in the city 7KM for 1 liter is just to much,Hybrid or EV I think I don't need .I don't see the point of an EV or hybrid

The wr-v is quite small and less than 1200kg. It's much different than the cr-v. Hybrid are much more economical in city driving as they are powered more by electric than by petrol. I once went is a friends honda accord hybid. When we started to get stuck in traffic the fuel economy went up. MY crv diesel gets 16km/l average, up t 22-23km/l on the highway (20km/l is easy to achieve). You can get a relatively new one for 800-900K baht now. O think the mid spec civic hybrid is a good buy. I would get one of those if I didnt need the high riding position of a crv. I think that is about 1.1m baht.