std clinics

Deserted

Hi there, most unfortunately I discovered last week that someone I spent a night or two with is HIV+, and so I have to go and get myself tested now to see if I have caught it. I've never had to do this before and have never even had an std before so how I go about this in Bangkok I really don't know. Could someone recommend where is the best place to go. I need to get a consultation because I don't know how long I am supposed to wait before this shows up in tests and I don't know if there are governmental clinics that offer such services or whether I have to do it privately. It's something that has never happened to me before and looking on line isn't all that much help as they want you to book appointments but I don't know how long I am even supposed to wait first, so I am hoping to find a place I can call and ask when should I come in to be tested. If someone could assist with this matter it would be most appreciated, given the nature of the disease I may or may not have picked up.

Many thanks. 

The standard HIV test requires 1 month after sex, there is another one available after 15 days, I'll check for name in a minute (P24 Antigen test). Red Cross is a good place to go if near The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre

02 251 6711

https://maps.app.goo.gl/QYFSMnaogEahoxmG7

BTW it's extremely unlikely you have HIV after one time, the odds are remote. Risk depends if anal, other person on antivirals or not etc

Edited by scubascuba3

33 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The standard HIV test requires 1 month after sex, there is another one available after 15 days, I'll check for name in a minute (P24 Antigen test). Red Cross is a good place to go if near The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre

02 251 6711

BTW it's extremely unlikely you have HIV after one time, the odds are remote. Risk depends if anal, other person on antivirals or not etc

It was two times and penetrative sex was not involved just well other things that some people classify as foreplay or sometimes oral, and other names. I did not have any cuts on my mouth or anything like that and there wasn't much of it went on but yes I am concerned because for my job I have to take regular tests and it will not only lose me my next job but destroy my career also if I have picked something up. But you think I may be worrying over nothing?

3 minutes ago, Deserted said:

It was two times and penetrative sex was not involved just well other things that some people classify as foreplay or sometimes oral, and other names. I did not have any cuts on my mouth or anything like that and there wasn't much of it went on but yes I am concerned because for my job I have to take regular tests and it will not only lose me my next job but destroy my career also if I have picked something up. But you think I may be worrying over nothing?

Was it a Ladyboy ?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

02 251 6711

Yeah, I found a place on silom and they are saying 800 baht and 14-15 days. I said are you absolutley sure of this and they said yes for the test they have its enough, 

6 minutes ago, Deserted said:

No opinion here can replace a test. And HIV is not the only STD. 

18 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Then chances you have contracted HIV is almost none. Still good to go to any local lab or hospital and get the test done after one month, two months and three months to be sure. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Deserted said:

I don't think anyone has ever got HIV from oral sex. Risk 0% for you. No harm in having the 800 baht test for peace of mind, just don't take it too early otherwise a waste of time

• Like 1

You don't need an HIV test. You had no exposure to HIV.

People simply don't get HIV through sexual means without a history of penetrative sex. 

But don't ask Aseannow forum, ask an expert.

I don't mind telling you, I've been refused an HIV test on this basis, due to no risk.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think anyone has ever got HIV from oral sex. Risk 0% for you. No harm in having the 800 baht test for peace of mind, just don't take it too early otherwise a waste of time

Correct,

There have been massive studies done where researchers have observed tens of thousands of couples where one partner is positive and the other is negative, who regularly engage in unprotected non-penetrative sex (e.g. oral), and even after decades not a single HIV transmission occurred.

• Like 1

You will not have gotten HIV from oral sex. But HPV is possible. So is gonorrhea.

Suggest a trip to the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic for peace of mind and STD testing

Thai Red Cross · Anonymous Clinic
104 Ratchadamri Road
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330.
Tel. 02-252-2568-9

Located on Rajadamri  at the junction of Rajadamri and Sarasin Rds, on the same side of the road as Chulalongkorn.  The building looks like a large fat water tower, with red crosses interspersed on the exterior wall. The entrance is clearly marked 'ANONYMOUS CLINIC' in English.

Entering, on the right side is a curved large reception desk. Tell them you wish yo have some tests, they will hand you a form to fill out. On the form, you state what test you wish to have by ticking one of many boxes. The very first box reads 'HIV/AIDS'. Another says something like 'All STIs'.

Or if you prefer to go private:

https://www.pulse-clinic.com/