Uk Visitor Visa - Trip To Dublin?

Hi

My GF is here n London on her second UKVV.

My company wants to send me to our Dublin office for a day or 2 and are willng to pay for my GF.

She only has a UKVV so I was wandering what I can do to get her into Dublin with me if anything? I have about a week before I go.

Any suggestions????

Cheers

Taz...

Taz,

She will require a visa for Ireland. Under normal circumstances, the visa should be sought in the country of normal residence; i.e. Thailand. However, as this could not have been foreseen, then there's no harm approaching the Irish embassy in London and asking if they'll exceptionally accept an application. The Irish tend to be a bit more laid back about these things, too.

Scouse.

Taz,

She will require a visa for Ireland. Under normal circumstances, the visa should be sought in the country of normal residence; i.e. Thailand. However, as this could not have been foreseen, then there's no harm approaching the Irish embassy in London and asking if they'll exceptionally accept an application. The Irish tend to be a bit more laid back about these things, too.

Scouse.

Cheers mate..thanks for that.

Taz...

The Irish tend to be a bit more laid back about these things, too.

This is most certainly true.

In my dealings with them, they have been very accomadating, to the end that I still hadn't sent all the correct info, and the guy processing it, just signed it off, stating no photo required.

Not saying they are lax, but I had spoke to them several times, being a National as well may well have helped and the wife had two previous visit visa's complied with.

But there is no harm in asking.

Good Luck

Moss

I come from Belfast, in Northern Ireland (part of the UK). Would it be possible to fly to Belfast instead, then take the train to Dublin? The train takes about 2.5 hours, and is pretty nice. There would be no issue flying to Belfast, as it is the same country. Crossing the border on the train (or by hire car or whatever) should be fine. They garda (Irish police) do sometimes board the buses at the border to check ID, but I don't think it happens on the train.

Just an idea, if you can't get a visa sorted in time.

HI,

With all due respect I would advise against entering Southern Ireland from Norhern Ireland without the correc visa, for two days inIreland you could be creating difficulties for your G/F regarding any visa application to any other EU country she might like to make in the future.

You owe it to your G/F to take good care of her, so please don't gamble , not a big deal gonig to the Irish Embassy and if you are refused, well better than getting your G/F on the EU member's computers as a Visa dodger.

roy

And if encountered by the Garda without a visa, your girlfriend would be returned to the UK and you'd be left with the choice of going back with her or carrying on to Dublin for your work. It's simpler to get a visa and then have peace of mind, knowing you can spend an enjoyable couple of days in Dublin quaffing a few pints of Liffey Water.

Scouse.

I live in Northern Ireland and my wife is Thai. We go to Dublin regularly and the chances of having a problem are one in a million.

I know one person it happened to but they entered the Port of Dublin from the UK on their way back to Belfast. They were advised to get a visa for the next time but they let them drive on to Belfast.

If you had time to spare I would recommend this option. You can always just play dumb that you didn't know the rules. There's no risk of deportation or any black marks on the record.

I come from Belfast, in Northern Ireland (part of the UK). Would it be possible to fly to Belfast instead, then take the train to Dublin? The train takes about 2.5 hours, and is pretty nice. There would be no issue flying to Belfast, as it is the same country. Crossing the border on the train (or by hire car or whatever) should be fine. They garda (Irish police) do sometimes board the buses at the border to check ID, but I don't think it happens on the train.

Just an idea, if you can't get a visa sorted in time.

Dont even consider it. Its not worth taking the risk.