Suspect in Texas massacre had been deported 4 times after entering US illegally, ICE source says

Scott

image.png

Cleveland, Texas CNN  — 

The man wanted by law enforcement for the killings of five Texas neighbors – including a 9-year-old boy – had entered the US illegally and been deported by immigration officials at least four times, a US Immigration and Customs Enforcement source said.

The suspect, identified by ICE as Francisco Oropesa Perez-Torres, was first removed by an immigration judge in March 2009, the ICE source told CNN on Monday.

Francisco Oropesa, 38, is armed, dangerous and could be anywhere, an FBI special agent said.

“At an unknown time and location, Perez-Torres unlawfully reentered the United States, and was apprehended and removed several more times by ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations in September 2009, January 2012, and July 2016,” the source said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/cleveland-texas-neighbor-shooting-monday/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Possibly, but either way it is bad. 

This could be the crime that makes people realize how broken tbe immigration system is.

Or how broken the Texas police are.  First Uvalde and now this.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Credo said:

Or how broken the Texas police are.  First Uvalde and now this.  

Could be both. The Uvalde case was truly shocking.  Especially when compared to the bravery shown in Memphis.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Busting the ‘Defund the Police’ Myth

Republicans have spent the past two years accusing Democrats of trying to defund police departments. But the facts show that the police have not been defunded. In fact, not only have Democrats put more money into policing since fiscal year 2019, but they also spend more on policing than Republican-run cities. Here are the facts that disprove this myth:

https://www.americanprogressaction.org/article/defund-police-myth/

This is a county jurisdiction not in a city. Did you read the link you posted? If you had you'd have a better understanding of country life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Possibly, but either way it is bad. 

This could be the crime that makes people realize how broken tbe immigration system is.

You aught to tell that to the republicans the democrats have been trying for years to get something done the republicans won’t work on it to valuable to use to bs the rubes into believing it’s all the dems fault now back to the topic what pray tell is an illegal doing with an assault weapon anyway oh I forgot it’s Texas ………….

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is a county jurisdiction not in a city. Did you read the link you posted? If you had you'd have a better understanding of country life.

Yes I do, I was replying to an opinion that has no relevance to this case.

It seems that some folks are taking another opportunity to discuss immigration when the problem seems to be guns.  Any deflection to stay away from the real problem, and that is the assault-style guns.  Close to 180 mass shootings, and thus far 1 has been an illegal immigrant.  I wonder how he got a hold of the gun?

I've noticed that when the police are having to face an AR-15, their reaction time seems to get a lot slower.  I am not faulting them, I'd be slow facing a weapon of war as well.

46 minutes ago, Credo said:

It seems that some folks are taking another opportunity to discuss immigration when the problem seems to be guns.  Any deflection to stay away from the real problem, and that is the assault-style guns.  Close to 180 mass shootings, and thus far 1 has been an illegal immigrant.  I wonder how he got a hold of the gun?

I've noticed that when the police are having to face an AR-15, their reaction time seems to get a lot slower.  I am not faulting them, I'd be slow facing a weapon of war as well.

The deflection is your post. The title of the OP is "Suspect in Texas massacre had been deported 4 times after entering US illegally, ICE source says" It's about immigration and the border being so lax that this killer could come and go as he pleased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A troll post using aberrant spelling has been removed.  This is a discussion forum, such childish antics are not permitted.  Continue and face a suspension.

7 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

But....but....it would have been racist to not let him in.

I highly doubt he was 'let in'.  I think the big question is how is that he has managed to evade arrest by the Texas police for such a long time, and how was he able to obtain a gun.  It sounds like the police were quite familiar with the area and it's inhabitants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Can you show where this police department was defunded by liberals and how that made a difference here? Why do we need to put up with unsupported trash claims like this?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Can you show where this police department was defunded by liberals and how that made a difference here? Why do we need to put up with unsupported trash claims like this?

You got it wrong, I never said anything about defunding the police, not in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another good example of why countries need to protect their borders and manage illegal immigration properly.

This luvvy duvvy approach of welcoming everyone with open arms (or not managing illegals effectively) is proving a complete disaster in many countries, the UK being the most obvious example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Another good example of why countries need to protect their borders and manage illegal immigration properly.

This luvvy duvvy approach of welcoming everyone with open arms (or not managing illegals effectively) is proving a complete disaster in many countries, the UK being the most obvious example. 

You are mistaken the dems have been trying for years to reform immigration the republicans refuse to come to the table to usful to use as a club to beat the dems with and fyi the rabid animal is in custody just in the last 30 minutes or so you would be better off asking how could an illegal alien get access to an assault rifle 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

You are mistaken the dems have been trying for years to reform immigration the republicans refuse to come to the table to usful to use as a club to beat the dems with and fyi the rabid animal is in custody just in the last 30 minutes or so you would be better off asking how could an illegal alien get access to an assault rifle 

Your immigration reform simply means pathway to citizenship or such. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your immigration reform simply means pathway to citizenship or such. 

Exactly. Any "reform" needs to start with securing the border. Then, processing the people already in the US illegally. Then, deciding what level of immigration is best for America.  Finally, open up  to people who meet the requirements of the US economy. 

Any other answer is doomed to failure.  Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million people in return for reforms. The amnesty was done, the reforms never came.  

• Like 2

The man was able to enter the US illegally four times, get a gun, rent or buy a home?

Don't let the orange man read this.

Seems the US-immigration does not use smart cars like the smart collegues from Thailand.

Edited by JustAnotherHun