Is Grab Unlimited worth it ?

I was just offered a free trial for six months and signed up for it. Afterwards it will be 19 baht per month.

For my first food delivery order after signing up, I saved 20 baht in delivery fees. That in itself would already have paid for the monthly subscription fee.

For the time being, it seems to be well worth it for regular users. Only time will tell what will happen once they've persuaded enough people to subscribe though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean I guess if I save 20 baht on each delivery up to 50 times a month thats like 1000 baht a month.  Not a fortune but definitely a little something worth throwing in the change cup.

What I would do if I signed up for the trial would be check the prices of your orders before you signup and then after.  I have a hard time believing that there's any real incentive to this type of service.  I feel like there's a bait-n-switch somewhere along the way.  Either the order prices go up and you "think" you're getting 20 baht off delivery but aren't or its only applicable at participating places.

I hit platinum level about 18 months ago and have a rather large number of points but find the points kinda useless for anything of value.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, happydreamer said:

I hit platinum level about 18 months ago and have a rather large number of points but find the points kinda useless for anything of value.

Very true. Got the same platinum status and there's honestly not much I can do with my points. Discounts on Grab services is the best way to go imo. You can also get 500THB off your next Agoda booking...

1 hour ago, happydreamer said:

I feel like there's a bait-n-switch somewhere along the way.

That might very well be the case.

That's the reason I started this post in the first place.

This is what GPT could tell me about Grad food price patterns:

If you are comparing the cost of a given meal on Grab Food versus at the restaurant itself, without considering the delivery fee, the cost may still vary depending on the restaurant's pricing policies. Some restaurants may have slightly different prices for meals ordered through Grab Food compared to on-site, while others may offer the same prices across all channels.

It's also important to note that some restaurants may offer exclusive discounts or promotions for orders placed through Grab Food, which may make the overall cost of the meal lower than if you were to dine in. However, there may be some additional fees on Grab Food such as service charges or taxes that you wouldn't incur if you were dining in.

Overall, the cost of a meal on Grab Food versus at the restaurant itself can vary, and it's best to compare prices for specific restaurants and meals to make an informed decision.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone else noticed that there are more "sorry no drivers available" cases with grab food delivery.I'm getting a lot of them lately.I've starting to use food-panda more because they don't deem to have that issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Has anyone else noticed that there are more "sorry no drivers available" cases with grab food delivery.I'm getting a lot of them lately.I've starting to use food-panda more because they don't deem to have that issue.

My gf uses Lineman

21 hours ago, happydreamer said:

What I would do if I signed up for the trial would be check the prices of your orders before you signup and then after.

I did that before signing up today. 

My normal Grab Car ride from supermarket to home is 74฿  and this is what the system quoted this morning. But, once I’d signed up with Grab Unlimited the fare rose to 78฿ and the system congratulated me on receiving a 10% discount that reduced the fare to 70฿.

Currently, my offer is a free 4-month trial. Given my frequent usage of food deliveries and Grab Mart services, I believe it's worth giving it a shot. It's worth noting, however, that the program only includes two transport discounts per month.

Edited by ArnieP
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

But, once I’d signed up with Grab Unlimited the fare rose to 78฿

That might just be the algorithm changing prices based on market conditions. Happens to me all the time and I didn't sub to Grab Unlimited yet.

Maybe you can confirm this: it seems to me that Grab Unlimited is really mostly about getting discounted prices on delivery when ordering food, right ?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, bignok said:
23 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Bolt doesn't deliver food ????

What is wrong with walking?

When I was a kid the teacher used to say...  “Brain in the gear, mouth into neutral !!!’....

If think you just provide a perfect example whereby this comment is applicable !!!  :clap2:

But.. If it needs spelling out....  not all restaurants (that deliver) are within walking distance !! ????

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When I was a kid the teacher used to say...  “Brain in the gear, mouth into neutral !!!’....

If think you just provide a perfect example whereby this comment is applicable !!!  :clap2:

But.. If it needs spelling out....  not all restaurants (that deliver) are within walking distance !! ????

Too fussy

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, GameMaster said:

That might just be the algorithm changing prices based on market conditions. Happens to me all the time and I didn't sub to Grab Unlimited yet.

Maybe you can confirm this: it seems to me that Grab Unlimited is really mostly about getting discounted prices on delivery when ordering food, right ?

The algorithm could have played a part plus it is a public holiday here today and fares invariably go up.

re discounts on Grab Unlimited: Food deliveries 50 free delivery vouchers, Mart 20 free delivery vouchers, Transport and GrabExpress 2 vouchers each to a maximum of 100฿ ea.

The monthly fee will be 19฿ once the trial period has ended.

However, it’s not clear what deliveries are free. I just looked on McDonalds and they weren’t free but a Thai takeaway was. These are both approx 4.5 km from me.

Edited by ArnieP
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 11:25 AM, happydreamer said:

I mean I guess if I save 20 baht on each delivery up to 50 times a month thats like 1000 baht a month.  Not a fortune but definitely a little something worth throwing in the change cup.

I think it's just 50x 20 baht discounts in total, not 20 baht discount on up to 50 deliveries per month. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think it's just 50x 20 baht discounts in total, not 20 baht discount on up to 50 deliveries per month.

Does that mean you can use as many discount vouchers on a single delivery ?

8 minutes ago, GameMaster said:
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does that mean you can use as many discount vouchers on a single delivery ?

Erm... ????????.....    that can’t be a serious question... :whistling:

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's a serious question :crazy:

What do you mean by "50 X 20 THB in total" ?

50 is the number of vouchers.

20THB is the value of each voucher.

"In total" what do you mean then ? You're paying a monthly sub so I guess "in total" should be "per month".

So if it's not 20THB on 50 deliveries, it can only be X vouchers per delivery until there are none left......

5 minutes ago, GameMaster said:
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's a serious question :crazy:

What do you mean by "50 X 20 THB in total" ?

50 is the number of vouchers.

20THB is the value of each voucher.

"In total" what do you mean then ? You're paying a monthly sub so I guess "in total" should be "per month".

So if it's not 20THB on 50 deliveries, it can only be X vouchers per delivery until there are none left......

Thats what I thought at first....  20 baht off 50 deliveries until that runs out....

But, after looking at the Website again it would appear that its 20 baht discount on up to 50 deliveries per month....  I was mistaken with my initial comment and then made a t!t of myself with the follow up comment below !!!.... apologies.

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would appear that for anyone who orders in a lot, except BigNok who walks to collect his food, then the 50x 20baht discount per month is a decent enough saving to warrant membership. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats what I thought at first....  20 baht off 50 deliveries until that runs out....

But, after looking at the Website again it would appear that its 20 baht discount on up to 50 deliveries per month....  I was mistaken with my initial comment and then made a t!t of myself with the follow up comment below !!!.... apologies.

It would appear that for anyone who orders in a lot, except BigNok who walks to collect his food, then the 50x 20baht discount per month is a decent enough saving to warrant membership. 

Ok. I thought I was missing something here :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Another useless offering from a business here.  I used to get better deals when 7-11 was handing out those stickers

4 hours ago, happydreamer said:
On 5/4/2023 at 3:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Another useless offering from a business here.  I used to get better deals when 7-11 was handing out those stickers

Its 50x 20 baht discount per month....  (I’d already acknowledged this mistake in a later comment).

Thus, for someone who uses grab regularly, especially for delivery, this offers some saving. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1