Any idea on waiting times for an initial interview for a UK visitor visa?

As the title states: Does anyone have any idea on waiting times for an initial interview for a UK visitor visa? I just want a ball park idea of whether the BKK centres are booked out solid for months, or there's a fair amount of empty slots, including this month too.

I've tried contacting the uk.gov line at 69p a minute and they literally couldn't answer this question.  They said to complete an application first on VFS Global's website, then you get to the page where you can book an appointment, and it's only then that you know how full the calendar is. I've got quite a bit of experience with VFS Global - including having to fly to Chiang Mai for a visa because Bangkok interviews were booked out solid for 3 months.  I didn't know that until I completed the application and made payment. 

Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it. 

Made online visa app. on 9th. April this year. Booked an appointment at Trendy in BKK at the same time for 20th. April. Could have got an earlier one but that time suited our schedule.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

Just some additional info.

Appointment 20th. April. 

We had an e-mail yesterday to say the passport was back with VFS and on its way to us by courier. So a decision in 6 working days.

Don't know, until we get the PP back, whether it's approved or denied but since my wife's had 3 VVs approved before, I see no reason this one won't be approved too.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1