Covid 19 vaccinations - multi-variants & availability

mfd101

My partner & I (34 & 74) are recovering (after 1.5 weeks) from a new bout of covid caught in Bangkok 2 weeks ago. Probably the latest variant (Arcturus), I guess, characterized by much hacking coughing - different from our 2 earlier bouts over a year ago which were very mild. We are both vaccinated & boostered from a couple of years ago.

I understand that there are now good-quality vax available in The West which cover all variants and probably most likely new ones in future. Are they available in Thailand yet? and specifically here in Surin or in Buriram province or nearby?

Thanks for any useful comments.

The new bivalent vaccine is available in limited quantity in Bangkok. I haven't heard of anyone getting it upcountry. Thai government did not buy it but got donations from abroad (hence the limited quantity).

Unknown if more donations will come in but it is possible.

Protection from the infection you just had should last at least 3 and probably 6 months. 

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The new bivalent vaccine is available in limited quantity in Bangkok. I haven't heard of anyone getting it upcountry. Thai government did not buy it but got donations from abroad (hence the limited quantity).

Unknown if more donations will come in but it is possible.

Protection from the infection you just had should last at least 3 and probably 6 months. 

A few months ago you suggested you were on the horns of a dilemma about the bivalent vaccine. I have now last been vaccinated with 4 shots and have had covid once a year ago.

Wait for bivalent vaccines to become available and get one even if I need to pay for it or get another not bivalent booster? I'm in Pattaya.

Edited by ozimoron